Current time: 18/04/2024, 05:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Judging by the loss First are apparently willing to make on the sale, I wonder whether they plan to retrieve the Enviro400s, Enviro300s and Streetlites that are to 2012 spec, and swap these with older buses elsewhere? Then the new owners can decide how to replace the fleet. A similar thing happened to some extent when Stagecoach East Lancashire and ChesterBus were sold.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/02/2019 12:33)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Judging by the loss First are apparently willing to make on the sale, I wonder whether they plan to retrieve the Enviro400s, Enviro300s and Streetlites that are to 2012 spec, and swap these with older buses elsewhere? Then the new owners can decide how to replace the fleet. A similar thing happened to some extent when Stagecoach East Lancashire and ChesterBus were sold.

I do wonder that but it would be limited to what age vehicles it could put in return due to any tender commitments, certainly the 3 x 63 reg Eclipse Urbans and the 2 x 12 plate Gemini's would have to remain as well as all 25 Vantage Buses because of Vantage commitments.

As Eclipse Gemini's are now none standard as a type at First its possible a swap of Enviro Enviro400's could be done with West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Bristol and or Glasgow. That would though mean some 12 reg Gemini's might have to come from West Yorkshire to meet any Tender commitments.

Enviro Enviro300's and Streetlites could just simply be swapped for Volvo B7RLE's again from West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and or Glasgow.

Eastern Counties/Essex might have other none standard buses that could be swapped such as secondhand Gemini's and Eclipses.

Although you have to remember if you place in a fleet of old banger's you reduce the purchase price hence why none of the Eclipses, Solar's or Gemini's were removed from Wigan, Rock Ferry or Chester when they were sold.

So I will wait to see with interest what actually happens.
(04/02/2019 10:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  Been a few Withdrawals in the last few weeks:

30912 X767 VUA Oldham - Withdrawn
30925 X356 VWT Oldham - Withdrawn
30944 YJ51 RPY Oldham - Withdrawn
30945 YJ51 RPZ Oldham - Withdrawn
30946 YJ51 RRO Oldham - Withdrawn
30958 YJ51 RCZ Oldham - Withdrawn
53148 MX54 GZF Oldham - Withdrawn
53149 MX54 GZG Oldham - Withdrawn
53150 MX54 GZH Oldham - Withdrawn

Anyone able to confirm if the Darts remain in Service and where the former Rusholme Buses are now based?

30925 should read 30935 and 53149 was sold (for scrap) some while ago.
This leaves just 30915/36 in service, as I think I read elsewhere that 30962 was withdrawn once Rusholme finished with it (Christmas?). Indeed, I saw 30936 on the 59 last Wednesday.

The latest on your question of where the Rusholme fleet has gone; The Streetlites are definately all at OM with the Enviro400s split between BN & OM, but individual identities differ from the ones mentioned upthread. Specifically, 33842/6/8 have been quoted at both BN & OM!
As for replacements at Queens for the 41; putting two and two together, it would seem all the OM B7RLEs have gone from OM, with "about 4" buses of unknown type leaving BN, now they have a similar number of 3384x Enviro400s. However, the only reported re-allocations so far are 66864/5/72/80, so I calculate about 14 buses still to be identified!
I can vouch not all the B7RLEs have left Oldham, indeed I've been on 66913 this week home from work and I've also seen 69202 still operating various services in/around Oldham and I'm sure I've seen a couple more.

Also its not actually the 41 that QS need singles for as that's been a mix off B7RLEs and Gemini B9TLs recentlty and some boards have B9TLs allocated to them regular, its actually the 53s that need the B7RLEs due to the low bridge in Longishgt.
(09/02/2019 12:33)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Judging by the loss First are apparently willing to make on the sale, I wonder whether they plan to retrieve the Enviro400s, Enviro300s and Streetlites that are to 2012 spec, and swap these with older buses elsewhere? Then the new owners can decide how to replace the fleet. A similar thing happened to some extent when Stagecoach East Lancashire and ChesterBus were sold.

Do we have anything other than the Telegraph article to suggest they are willing to make a loss on the deal - even if this has been leaked by first to circumvent stock exchange rules the loss might be someone embellishing what they have said,
(10/02/2019 11:20)mikestone Wrote:  Do we have anything other than the Telegraph article to suggest they are willing to make a loss on the deal - even if this has been leaked by first to circumvent stock exchange rules the loss might be someone embellishing what they have said,

I don't have any other source, given that the MEN and other websites picked up the story from the Telegraph. Unless First have buyers lined up I could tell that the £20 million figure was potentially speculation, hence my insertion of the word apparent.

Apart from school routes and coach operators, I can only think of 5 other operators currently serving Manchester city centre (Arriva, Diamond, MCT, Stagecoach and Transdev) and 8 additional operators serving the rest of Greater Manchester (CumfyBus, D&G, Jim Stones Travel, High Peak, M Travel, Stotts, Vision Bus and Warrington's Own Buses)
Brick RE: First Manchester
An Oldham mp has wrote to Andy Burnham saying greater Manchester should buy out first ....as I know the government dosent allow new municipals..why I don't know but is it possible for a public buyout and the company is run by an agency?
It could make the franchising a bit difficult if it was bought out the public purse i think , as when the tendering process comes in (If franchising happens) then what happens if the public run company ends up with a large share of the routes.
I think Mr Souter would have something to say about unfair advantage.
The chief exec of First made some bumbling statement last week shortly after the story was first published basically saying he was aware of the story but because of stock market rules couldn't comment but wanted all the staff to carry on as normal. Bit of a pointless statement to make and I think it only added a huge amount of wood onto the fire.
(11/02/2019 11:13)Mayneway Wrote:  The chief exec of First made some bumbling statement last week shortly after the story was first published basically saying he was aware of the story but because of stock market rules couldn't comment but wanted all the staff to carry on as normal. Bit of a pointless statement to make and I think it only added a huge amount of wood onto the fire.

I posted it the same day

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)