Current time: 18/04/2024, 07:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
One of the 582 branded Eclipse2s on Ramsbottom ciculars this morning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Also 37285 on 135 at Bury Interchange yesterday, around 5.30pm, with Rochdale Road promotional pricing in the top deck front windows.
After the transfer of Bury's Citaros to Oldham, they appear to have dominated the 425 route with almost every service on that route being a Citaro. They have also appeared frequently on the 58/59 on Monday and Tuesday.

Meanwhile 60405 was on the 37 between Bolton and Manchester yesterday.
Everything relatively normal in Ashton during the daytime although the ex Cornwall Darts seem to have disappeared but I have noticed most late evening 409's seem to be worked by Streetlites and not the usual Enviro400's.
Does anyone know which services will be transferred from Bury to other depots? I assume Bolton will operate the bulk of services with Queens Road taking over the Manchester routes?
(29/04/2017 20:57)Dentonian Wrote:  Present tense rather than Future, as Bury & Duky closed last weekend (lol).

I think the initial plan was for 163s to go to QR, but more By drivers wanted to transfer to BN, so that's where it's transferred - after all, it is Bury ended. 135s seem to have been generally reliable this week, with on-road reliefs at Queens Road. However, some evenings and Sundays on 135 are run by BN. 90-series at QR, 460/470-series at BN. Not sure about X35 but operated by Eclipses.
Around Bury and Rochdale yesterday and the allocations for the 471 was very varied with the bendies supplemented by B7RLEs, B9TLs and Enviro400s, as well as the President. Wonder what the reliability will be like now on the 471 though, as I think I saw three (maybe even four) buses on the 471 around Rochdale Interchange at one point.

Meanwhile, looks like the 340 hasn't been programmed into the Solo, as one was at Oldham Mumps last night with a paper display underneath the driver's steering wheel and the electronic displaying showing 'First - celebrating with Pride'.
Thanks for letting me know. It looks like there will be a fair of dead-heading on the 163 then.
Why don't the Vantage routes actually go into the Park & Ride in Worsley?

It's hardly Park & Ride as it's a long walk from the car park to the bus stop and even longer on the way back, including a busy road to cross.

There's bus stops there that arn't even used anymore!
The 17 has always been like that, too much time Rochdale to Middleton and not enough Middleton to Manchester! Nice route to drive though. Has it settled down now up there with the depot closures?

(30/04/2017 15:55)Dentonian Wrote:  Reliability/punctuality wasn't good at all yesterday, although I don't know if that's normal for a Saturday. I saw 12010 leave Bury towards Rochdale c.1320 and by the time I caught the Rosso 468 at 1342 no more 471s had arrived. Not surprisingly, the Streetlite I caught (304) was fully loaded by the time it left The Rock, but notably well over a dozen were left on after Jericho. I was by no means the only passenger to travel all the way to Rochdale, so I suspect Rosso will be gaining from poor punctuality on the 471. I then intended catching the 1526, 17 back to M'cr having seen the 1516 leave just a minute or two late. Nothing came in until well after half past and having loaded the driver waited until after 1536 before leaving. So clearly, the 1526 was a "no show". There was a lot of waiting time at all timing points within Rochdale MBC before we arrived in Shudehill at 1638 which I'm guessing is fractionally late. Yet another case of running times being too slack at the start of a journey and too tight towards the end - exactly the OPPOSITE of what customers need and an illustration of why Integration will never work.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)