Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I think unfortunately TfGM have a lot of work to do in regards to the bus stop signage around the whole of GM. There is timetables at stops from a range of different dates with times either during lockdown (such as 50 being half-hourly) and mentioning of routes (such as the 179 and 272) that no longer exist.

This, along with the fact that traditional timetables, haven't been readily (if at all) avaliable has made it difficult for those who rely on buses that don't have Internet access or struggle with disabilities.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The upkeep of bus stops has been appalling recently, for about 3 weeks the 337 was removed from bus stops around Ashton, while the R13 was added to a bus stop in Hurst Cross, so it’s not a surprise that non-extant routes are still on bus stops.
Find all posts by this user
yet another Vantage bus crashed into today this time at the Holden Road crossing in Leigh

TFGM Tweet

[Image: EhAKOhoXcAA7gJp?format=jpg&name=large]
Depending on the damage to yesterday's Vanatage bus I'd make it about 5 Vantage Buses off the road now awaiting repairs, at this rate if service levels go up their going to be struggling for available guided buses to operate the services.
(04/09/2020 06:12)M60lad Wrote:  Depending on the damage to yesterday's Vanatage bus I'd make it about 5 Vantage Buses off the road now awaiting repairs, at this rate if service levels go up their going to be struggling for available guided buses to operate the services.
If there Stuck they can use standard bus from Atherton to Tyldesley that would save them a bus or maybe 2 and they could get buses from Bradford within few hrs.
Noticed the past couple of days is that 08:14 181 Piccadilly-Royton service is now being duped now the Schools have gone back, the interesting thing is that at the moment both the service bus and the dupe are showing 181 Royton when I thought the dupe would be the S181 to Newman College, how passengers are meant to know which one is which I dont know.

The other interssting thing about this is that the duped service for some reason doesnt seem to track on the First App.
(05/09/2020 05:02)M60lad Wrote:  Noticed the past couple of days is that 08:14 181 Piccadilly-Royton service is now being duped now the Schools have gone back, the interesting thing is that at the moment both the service bus and the dupe are showing 181 Royton when I thought the dupe would be the S181 to Newman College, how passengers are meant to know which one is which I dont know.

The other interssting thing about this is that the duped service for some reason doesnt seem to track on the First App.

If the dupe is for regular passengers and not just school kids it won’t hsve the ‘S’ on the service number.
Interesting development this week is that yesterday (Tuesday) 08:14 181 from Manchester actually had 3 buses allocated to the duty and all buses had 181 Chadderton on the destination.
(09/09/2020 05:53)M60lad Wrote:  Interesting development this week is that yesterday (Tuesday) 08:14 181 from Manchester actually had 3 buses allocated to the duty and all buses had 181 Chadderton on the destination.

I thought this service was now terminating at High Barn Street instead of Shaw

Have you seen the S181 yet
Nope and from what I've seen on Social media not many of these School extras are actually showing the S on the front instead just showing the standered service number and destination.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)