Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(05/05/2019 05:53)Brickmill Wrote:  Can't see TfGM accepting that at all. Either the contract for LGB is with First or it isn't. V3 will have to stay with First or be removed from the Busway with GA or any other Operator

The route V3 doesn't operate onto the busway therefore isn't included as Go Ahead can just register it commercially, and therefore TfGM has no control over it. Also it is journeys that FirstGroup put on commercially that are operated by Queens and not those under tender which are operated by Bolton. Also FirstGroup could have sub-contracted said vehicles with vehicles wearing First logo's and accepting First tickets.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Following an RTC and a number of panels having to be replaced 69537 has gained 'Olympia' Livery.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
How much longer have first got left now? Sure I heard some point in june was when go ahead were taking over.
(07/05/2019 19:46)331v09 Wrote:  How much longer have first got left now? Sure I heard some point in june was when go ahead were taking over.

GA take over Queens Rs on 2nd June. No sign of Bolton or Oldham being sold yet, though.
69538 is now being repainted leaving just 69539 in the purple Eclipse livery for now.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
(13/05/2019 17:41)ant17612 Wrote:  69538 is now being repainted leaving just 69539 in the purple Eclipse livery for now.

Could this mean that they will be the last buses to receive corporate First livery at least in Greater Manchester if not everywhere as most other fleets have their own new local liveries and identities laid out in a new style ?
(13/05/2019 18:51)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Could this mean that they will be the last buses to receive corporate First livery at least in Greater Manchester if not everywhere as most other fleets have their own new local liveries and identities laid out in a new style ?

It only got repainted due to having several body panels replaced after being in a RTC. Unlikely anything else will get repainted unless accident damaged
(13/05/2019 19:12)NorthernCounties Wrote:  It only got repainted due to having several body panels replaced after being in a RTC. Unlikely anything else will get repainted unless accident damaged

No, a second one of the three is also being repainted 69537 has also been repainted leaving just 69539 to be done.

I know 69537 was an RTA victim.

Think no further repaints though as if you see my post elsewhere its not just Manchester no under threat but everything as an American Hedge Fund looks like its going to swoop on it and then break it up and sell it.
(13/05/2019 21:37)gilesbus1 Wrote:  No, a second one of the three is also being repainted 69537 has also been repainted leaving just 69539 to be done.

I know 69537 was an RTA victim.

Think no further repaints though as if you see my post elsewhere its not just Manchester no under threat but everything as an American Hedge Fund looks like its going to swoop on it and then break it up and sell it.

Everything, even Leeds & Bristol?
(13/05/2019 23:03)Brickmill Wrote:  Everything, even Leeds & Bristol?

Looks like its a possibility as the shareholders are grumbling about no dividend for over ten years so the only way for the new owners the venture capitalists to solve this is to literally liquidise the company by selling assets off, so there is nothing left. Certainly looks like the business will split into two UK Bus and American Bus which will be split, the new owners don't want railways, they recon that is causing large scale losses amongst UK franchisee's and that there is nothing to be gained from running them any longer. So presume rail franchises would be returned to UK Government PLC.

I have always thought banks thinking they know how to run any company is a mistake all they want is the loans paying off, FirstGroup's biggest mistake was buying the USA operations which had been on the brink of bankruptcy many times under several different owners, for god sake Greyhounds had its day, just take the dog to the vets and put it down literally. In other words "close it down" UK Bus operations should off been bread and butter not secondary to other things, with no diversion of management time to other things. UK buses in big Cities should be making healthy profits, not losses and certainly (Aberdeen) the buses shouldn't be making a loss outside the head office door. How can a Chief Exec miss that???? the divisional director should have been fired. Or is it simply the wrong managers are with the wrong fleets??? eg would the owner of Blue Bus's son not have been better running buses in Bolton? rather than Scotland.

I would say looks like FirstGroup's situation is now more critical than Arriva's tonight.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)