Current time: 28/03/2024, 14:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(23/02/2019 12:15)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I had also read from an email made to the Bolton Evening News after an article had been published on Queens Road, that an announcement on Bolton is due on Monday and that it is currently embargoed until then, but the sale was carried out possibly at the same time as that involving Queens Road but to different parties.

I hadn't wanted to say any of this as its unsettling to staff regarding their jobs, but Brickmill has already more or less said the same from information he has gathered.

Wait till Monday is all I would say.
Ahh. Fair enough. I was more asking how you knew as some people will just say things which we already know. I know you will not be able to say certain things but you have explained yourself. Sorry for any confusion. I certainly didn't mean to upset staff or their jobs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/02/2019 12:15)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I had also read from an email made to the Bolton Evening News after an article had been published on Queens Road, that an announcement on Bolton is due on Monday and that it is currently embargoed until then, but the sale was carried out possibly at the same time as that involving Queens Road but to different parties.

I hadn't wanted to say any of this as its unsettling to staff regarding their jobs, but Brickmill has already more or less said the same from information he has gathered.

Wait till Monday is all I would say.

On the subject of staff. All the First drivers I've spoken too while on breaks etc are in a positive mood about the buyouts and seem to believe it could breath new life into things and more importantly give them a better pay rate!
Fair enough cant see why drivers wouldn't be happier, it has been poorly run for some time now, however will the buyer be a better one? or just simply transferring from one to another, time will tell. I like everybody else is keen to see who has bought it, especially as it is my local garage, but its a waiting game?
First Group are public listed aren't they, so any announcements like purchases & sales, have to be made to the stock exchange first[no pun intended], as it affects the share price, which is why the announcement over Bolton's future is embargoed until Monday?

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
A staff buy out would be better
In this day and age a staff buy out would be a very big surprise , when was the last staff buyout ?
(24/02/2019 10:08)wirralbus Wrote:  In this day and age a staff buy out would be a very big surprise , when was the last staff buyout ?

The original GM Buses North and South were sold to their managements, struggled to make money and were bought by First and Stagecoach. Another management buyout would be a sloppy mess like it was 25 years ago.

However the individual sale of depots means that the enthusiast scene in Manchester is about the become the most interesting it’s been in a long time.
First are desperate to get shut so anything is possible
Who would lend the people who have made a pig's ear of running the depot the money to buy it?
A leak of information seems to have occurred early on facebook which suggests Bolton will pass to Transdev tomorrow. It was posted on the Transdev Enthusiast facebook page.

User(s) browsing this thread: 82 Guest(s)