Current time: 20/04/2024, 11:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Well its for sure they won't keep both Oldham and Bolton as the bases are too far apart. My guess is that a buyer for Bolton will appear in the coming days were as Oldham might have the potential transfer to First West Yorkshire for now.

Presume that this sale has been concluded now because its more profitable that the other two depots and that terms could b reached for an acceptable price that's acceptable to FirstGroup, the other two depots must not be quite there yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The announcement from Go-Aheads side:-
https://www.go-ahead.com/en/media/news/2...r-bus.html

The statement by GoAhead seems to suggest a bigger company is in the process of being formed, Go North West which no doubt means further acquisitions, watch this space.
(19/02/2019 07:52)acocker96 Wrote:  “We can’t say anything about this rumours, it’s all just rumours.”

Quickly became ... “Oh yeah we are gonna sell off our Manchester hub after all”

I think now they will be on the hunt for other buyers for Bolton and Oldham, they may even sell one and keep the other.

I've been told that Bolton is close to having an announcement made, but there's a refusal to tell me who is trying to buy it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/02/2019 08:31)gilesbus1 Wrote:  The announcement from Go-Aheads side:-
https://www.go-ahead.com/en/media/news/2...r-bus.html

The statement by GoAhead seems to suggest a bigger company is in the process of being formed, Go North West which no doubt means further acquisitions, watch this space.

I wouldn't read too much into it - Go North West shows they are open to the idea of further acquisition but doesn't confirm anything either way.
(19/02/2019 08:24)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Well its for sure they won't keep both Oldham and Bolton as the bases are too far apart. My guess is that a buyer for Bolton will appear in the coming days were as Oldham might have the potential transfer to First West Yorkshire for now.

Presume that this sale has been concluded now because its more profitable that the other two depots and that terms could b reached for an acceptable price that's acceptable to FirstGroup, the other two depots must not be quite there yet.

These planned sales have been in the planning for weeks, an announcement of intent of sale, only informs shareholders of changes, this would offset a drop in share price following sale

Now that the main sale of Queens Road is now public, Oldham and Bolton details should be published soon
(19/02/2019 07:52)acocker96 Wrote:  “We can’t say anything about this rumours, it’s all just rumours.”

Quickly became ... “Oh yeah we are gonna sell off our Manchester hub after all”

I think now they will be on the hunt for other buyers for Bolton and Oldham, they may even sell one and keep the other.

The fact the CEO of First spoke out after the initial story about the Manchester depots being sold massively hinted that it would happen.
(19/02/2019 09:01)NorthernCounties Wrote:  I've been told that Bolton is close to having an announcement made, but there's a refusal to tell me who is trying to buy it

I would not take it personally! Standard confidentiality and speculation possibly affecting the price. TBH I don't know why people are obsessed with Rumour and Gossip, Hard Facts are what I crave.
(19/02/2019 09:45)Nwales Bus Wrote:  These planned sales have been in the planning for weeks, an announcement of intent of sale, only informs shareholders of changes, this would offset a drop in share price following sale

Now that the main sale of Queens Road is now public, Oldham and Bolton details should be published soon

Based on the three main options for Bus Reform, city depots face the least uncertainty, so it is probably easier for a buyer to have a Strategy with three variations. With the positive of Bolton Road corridor improvement s, higher car ownership rates a wider choice of local destinations and existing potential competition, bus reform is less of an issue in Bolton than Oldham, so that could be next to have a deal concluded. Oldham is the real problem so a new buyer would to be prepared for widely different scenarios - unless they view EQP s
Go Ahead have been trying to get into the northwest for a while , as it was them who tried to purchase GTL before stagecoach stepped in with a slightly higher offer.
This could be there first step into the northwest in the hope to expand further with franchising coming closer.
First want out of the Manchester bus network soon they will all go

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)