Current time: 25/04/2024, 08:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(07/10/2018 21:14)SF07 Wrote:  5 weeks after Oldham depot installed new ticket machines and saw two buses yesterday which had signs up saying that the machines weren't working.

In typical First style :/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/10/2018 11:14)Mayneway Wrote:  In typical First style :/

It's more likely down to ticketer, rather than First, they are good machines and rarely go down so more than likely something software wise seen as it's a new system for Oldham.
With it now being officially announced that First will continue to operate the Metroshuttles in the city centre after October service changes does anyone know how many hybrids will be displaced by the changes??
Today (26th October) First Manchester have announced their intention to close Rusholme Depot at the end of January 2019

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I cant help but wonder if we are seeing the end of First Manchester, In little over a year they will have gone from 6 Depots to just 3 with big cuts in heartlands such as Bolton, When you think about recent years its amazing how far First Manchester has fallen

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/10/2018 08:39)T42 PVM Wrote:  I cant help but wonder if we are seeing the end of First Manchester, In little over a year they will have gone from 6 Depots to just 3 with big cuts in heartlands such as Bolton, When you think about recent years its amazing how far First Manchester has fallen

Especially since they use to be such a dominant company but seems arriva and first have fallen well behind stagecoach due to drastic cuts and pulling back operations , yet stagecoaches operations seem to be booming with creativity and expansion.
(29/10/2018 08:39)T42 PVM Wrote:  I cant help but wonder if we are seeing the end of First Manchester, In little over a year they will have gone from 6 Depots to just 3 with big cuts in heartlands such as Bolton, When you think about recent years its amazing how far First Manchester has fallen

Well there been talk of Oldham being under West Yorkshire and Bolton being sold with First Manchester just being Queen road but I see Queen road being sold with Bolton if Oldham does goto Yorkshire control. But really first don`t want to pump money into First Manchester So I feel they will pull out as soon as Andy makes his mind up. I feel a deal will be done with Stagecoach to take over part of the routes in North Manchester by a simple withdrawal over a buy out. With queen road being sold for housing.
(29/10/2018 12:06)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Especially since they use to be such a dominant company but seems arriva and first have fallen well behind stagecoach due to drastic cuts and pulling back operations , yet stagecoaches operations seem to be booming with creativity and expansion.

Hardly booming. Wythenshawe services slashed due to Metrolink. Reddish Road halved and sporadic cuts across Stockport and Tameside due to captive market ethos.
(29/10/2018 12:53)Mrboo Wrote:  Well there been talk of Oldham being under West Yorkshire and Bolton being sold with First Manchester just being Queen road but I see Queen road being sold with Bolton if Oldham does goto Yorkshire control. But really first don`t want to pump money into First Manchester So I feel they will pull out as soon as Andy makes his mind up. I feel a deal will be done with Stagecoach to take over part of the routes in North Manchester by a simple withdrawal over a buy out. With queen road being sold for housing.

No way the CMA will allow that. Even if franchising happens - and that looks less and less likely every day Grayling remains in office - the last thing GMCA want is a monopoly.
I agree Stagecoach wont be allowed anymore First Depots as they only just got away with Bluebird, I think with Stagecoach we will just see them expand from their current Depots

As for Stagecoach making cuts in Tameside that will be because there is no money down there, You can only run a service if its profitable

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)