Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(11/09/2018 17:41)AlexBus12 Wrote:  First have put a bid into the DfT for 12 buses for the Bolton- Leigh 582 service https://assets.ctfassets.net/nv7y93idf4j...upport.pdf

Not good news. The 582 really needs some double deckers. Standing passengers not uncommon, especially if the timetable is disrupted and buses run in "convoy" formation followed by long gaps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
59001 has returned from repaint.
A cancellation for the 42 route between East Didsbury and Manchester has appeared on VOSA today:

PC0003680/882 Cancelled
FIRST MANCHESTER LTD
Route: MANCHESTER PICCADILLY to EAST DIDSBURY
Service number: 42
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 28 Oct 2018
(18/09/2018 17:46)SF07 Wrote:  A cancellation for the 42 route between East Didsbury and Manchester has appeared on VOSA today:

PC0003680/882 Cancelled
FIRST MANCHESTER LTD
Route: MANCHESTER PICCADILLY to EAST DIDSBURY
Service number: 42
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 28 Oct 2018

How long does Rusholme have left now... Which routes does it currently run?
(18/09/2018 17:50)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  How long does Rusholme have left now... Which routes does it currently run?

41 Manchester to Sale
42 Manchester to Didsbury
53 Salford to Cheetham Hill (some (tfgm) journeys operated by Queens Rd)

Schools
(18/09/2018 05:32)joe_alker Wrote:  59001 has returned from repaint.

59002 has taken its place while 59003 has gone to Preston
With 42 being withdrawn I wonder how many vehicles this will release (if any) from Rusholme and where they will probably end up?
(18/09/2018 21:25)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  41 Manchester to Sale
42 Manchester to Didsbury
53 Salford to Cheetham Hill (some (tfgm) journeys operated by Queens Rd)

Schools

I’m not sure what (if any) schools still run from rusholme. If any do, they aren’t local so could easily be covered by QR.

In answer to someone else’s question I think the PVR of the 42 is 7/8 buses.

EDIT: there’s a post on another forum that suggests the 42 is returning to cross-city, so they’ve cancelled the short registration.
(19/09/2018 06:14)djb Wrote:  I’m not sure what (if any) schools still run from rusholme. If any do, they aren’t local so could easily be covered by QR.

In answer to someone else’s question I think the PVR of the 42 is 7/8 buses.

EDIT: there’s a post on another forum that suggests the 42 is returning to cross-city, so they’ve cancelled the short registration.

Unless a through service from Middleton to East Didsbury is restored, the First purchase of Finglands from EYMS is going to seem pointless.

With First evidently having lost interest in Manchester, and the possibility of franchising here, I wonder whether Go-Ahead would consider offering to buy out First Manchester?

Admittedly in London individual routes are tendered. This might not be the chosen model for any future franchising here.
(22/09/2018 17:46)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Unless a through service from Middleton to East Didsbury is restored, the First purchase of Finglands from EYMS is going to seem pointless.

With First evidently having lost interest in Manchester, and the possibility of franchising here, I wonder whether Go-Ahead would consider offering to buy out First Manchester?

Admittedly in London individual routes are tendered. This might not be the chosen model for any future franchising here.

I've said this from day one though... I could never understand why First would want to buy any part of the Finglands operation. It was pointless. Peter Ship must be rubbing his hands together as I honestly think he would have ended up winding things up where Finglands were concerned, first could have registered some of the services and ran them from Queens road and saved a lot of money.

User(s) browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)