Current time: 25/04/2024, 17:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(28/08/2018 19:43)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Not the first time that Stagecoach employees, have started rumours about First!

But the comments tie in with the sightings of one of the Metroshuttles at rockferry receiving internal refurbs!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
At the Queens Road meeting it has been said at present no contract has been signed by anyone but that's down to tfgm but I don't know the reason. Union is convinced that because its so close to the start of the new contract its too late for other companies to train their drivers for the route. Right now everyone is waiting for tfgm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Saw 37380 on the Metroshuttle 3 last Monday (20th of August). Not in good condition and presents First Manchester in a bad light. I went to Uni in Manchester between 1997 and 1999 and First were in better nick back then. Slowly run into the ground and appears like no pride in keeping the fleet clean.
(28/08/2018 20:50)NorthernCounties Wrote:  At the Queens Road meeting it has been said at present no contract has been signed by anyone but that's down to tfgm but I don't know the reason. Union is convinced that because its so close to the start of the new contract its too late for other companies to train their drivers for the route. Right now everyone is waiting for tfgm

Seems a strange process as I know for a fact the company I work for put a bid for it and was told they hadn't got it early August. On that basis I would have thought the contract would have been finalised by that point..
It was also made clear at the meeting tonight that rockferry is completing some work on some of the metroshuttles and that this has no bearing on whether Stagecoach Manchester will be operating the metroshuttles come October.

Does look like someone has possibly put 2 and 2 together and come up with 36 but given its September later this week you would think TFGM would get it sorted and announce a decision.
The words "TFGM" and "urgency" are antonyms.
(29/08/2018 00:06)EDB325 Wrote:  The words "TFGM" and "urgency" are antonyms.

Ditto Merseytravel!!
First Manchester have posted on their Twitter page that contactless payment will be available on their buses a little sooner than originally planned, being available from from 17 September.

[Image: DmWBRMbW0AEpmi3.jpg]

https://twitter.com/FirstManchester/stat...3631966212
The old First License has been surrendered

Licence surrendered WEF 28 August 2018
FIRST PIONEER BUS LTD
Director(s): DAVID ALEXANDER, Anthony Clegg
WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
First have put a bid into the DfT for 12 buses for the Bolton- Leigh 582 service https://assets.ctfassets.net/nv7y93idf4j...upport.pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)