Current time: 24/04/2024, 09:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(01/01/2017 16:33)Nicholas Wrote:  I doubt that. Bendies on the 8 weren't very popular whilst they were a PR disaster on the 582. Plus since the V1 and V2 starting meant that the 582 was displaced from stand A (double stand) to stand C (single stand) at Leigh, getting bendies through the bus station will be trickier because of the tighter corners.

I have seen Scania bendies on route 471 and been on one. I therefore wonder whether, space permitting at BN, whether they will switch from route 135 to route 471?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They do get on there every now and then but its not a regular thing

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/01/2017 11:54)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have seen Scania bendies on route 471 and been on one. I therefore wonder whether, space permitting at BN, whether they will switch from route 135 to route 471?

Not so long ago it was quite a bit more common but doesn't seem to be anymore.

As a side note Rusholme's 32908 is working out of Bury on the 98s today.
(29/12/2016 17:32)SF07 Wrote:  Following on from the Oldham Network Review consultation that took place over the last month, First Manchester are now doing another Network Review for services in the Middleton and Heywood areas.

There'll be drop-in sessions in early January in the areas affected and there's an online survey available until 11 January. Any changes that may take place would happen in April 2017.

Survey is similar to the Oldham one, in terms of what they're asking for (which places do you visit, what do you find important in journeys, any routes/destinations only available by changing buses).

May be possible that this review could be linked to the proposed closure of Bury depot, as some of the destinations mentioned are in the Bury area (Bury town centre, Fairfield Hospital).

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...ork-review

Has anybody managed to visit one of the drop-in sessions?, only I was unable to, due to being ill.
Just been informed by a driver I know that Rusholme Cross Connect Streetlites 63153/4 are now currently at Oldham Depot, I'll try and look out for them this week while I'm out but I'm guessing they'll be either on 149 or 350 routes as those are the 2 routes that regularly see Streetlite operation.
63153 is on the 350s today. While Queens have taken full operation of the Middleton-Manchester half of the 42's
(09/01/2017 09:06)M60lad Wrote:  Just been informed by a driver I know that Rusholme Cross Connect Streetlites 63153/4 are now currently at Oldham Depot, I'll try and look out for them this week while I'm out but I'm guessing they'll be either on 149 or 350 routes as those are the 2 routes that regularly see Streetlite operation.

They are, and two of Oldhams B7s went towards queens road on sunday
(09/01/2017 12:45)Solo40336 Wrote:  63153 is on the 350s today. While Queens have taken full operation of the Middleton-Manchester half of the 42's

Did spot a B7RLE arriving into Piccadilly Gardens operating on the 42 from Middleton this afternoon. Driver using the 'Manchester Piccadilly via Rusholme' display. 18s have been re-programmed to display 'Manchester Chorlton Street'.
12018 is on the 471 today, could be the normal soon
Due to a shortage of drivers at Bury Depot today they've got at least 2 drivers from other depots covering today with one from Bolton Depot covering 471s later and apparently there's another driver from Queens Road covering although not sure what route/s their on.

Not to sure if its down to staff sikness or whether staff have started leaving with the depot closures coming up in April I guess only time will tell.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)