Current time: 18/04/2024, 10:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(05/12/2016 16:46)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Also Stagecoach have been giving First, a run for they money in Ashton for some time now.

Hardly.
They share the 346 and I emphasise the word share.
Apart from that they don't compete. Yes stagecoach took a few tenders off First a couple of years back but First recently won some of them back.
The only big threat in Tameside where tenders are concerned is MCT as there renowned for putting in very low prices to pick up work which fits in with existing contracts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/12/2016 00:04)T42 PVM Wrote:  I would of thought the 135 would move to Queens Road as would be a lot less dead running and after the PVR cuts over the years i would expect they do have the room for it

You could move the 135 to Queens Road (But there probably isn't room for 18m almost life-expired bendybuses?) and move the 53 to Rusholme
Now hears an interesting one, just read something on another forum that I've actually heard a while back but haven't mentioned it on here, apparantly QS will have some space next year for these extra services gained from Depot Closures as First have apparantly lost Metroshuttle Contract although who to I'm not to sure if I'm honest, the questions are:

1> Have First lost Metroshuttle Contract?

2> Who's going to be operating the Metroshuttles? Obviously has to be somone that has got space within the depots for the vehicles that would go with it, I'd say someone like MCT or even Stagecoach but could be proved wrong
(06/12/2016 07:16)M60lad Wrote:  Now hears an interesting one, just read something on another forum that I've actually heard a while back but haven't mentioned it on here, apparantly QS will have some space next year for these extra services gained from Depot Closures as First have apparantly lost Metroshuttle Contract although who to I'm not to sure if I'm honest, the questions are:

1> Have First lost Metroshuttle Contract?

2> Who's going to be operating the Metroshuttles? Obviously has to be somone that has got space within the depots for the vehicles that would go with it, I'd say someone like MCT or even Stagecoach but could be proved wrong

Could that not equal driver loss as im sure metroshutle drivers are on different pay rates than normal drivers
Metro shuttle drivers are on a lower wage i think but they could transfer with the work if they wanted to under an agreement with the company that wins it.
I very much doubt MCT would win it as there in a shambolic state as it is and the buses would dramatically go down hill maintenance wise as thought they where having problems themselves.
(06/12/2016 08:02)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Metro shuttle drivers are on a lower wage i think but they could transfer with the work if they wanted to under an agreement with the company that wins it.
I very much doubt MCT would win it as there in a shambolic state as it is and the buses would dramatically go down hill maintenance wise as thought they where having problems themselves.

Think your absolutely right, MCT couldn't cope with a contract like the city centre Metroshuttles plus their supposedly at maximum with thier ops disks, and apparently a number of thier vehicles were slapped with prohibition notices a couple of months back when VOSA was doing random inspections in Stockport bus station so there could be the possibility of a PI looming.

As for pay, arnt the drivers at Dukinfield on lower pay than those at Oldham? Will drivers get a pay rise if they move to Oldham or will pay stay the same?

It will be interesting to see what happens regarding the Tameside work as let's not forget it's operated on a seperate licence. Presumably they will keep a pool of buses at Oldham just for Pioneer work unless they intend to use on hire signs all the time.
If the drivers move to other depots then there pay would match what the pay is at the depot they move too and sometimes the company may offer fuel allowances for upto 12 months to those who transfer with the depot being closed by the companies choice.
(06/12/2016 12:44)motormayhem1 Wrote:  If the drivers move to other depots then there pay would match what the pay is at the depot they move too and sometimes the company may offer fuel allowances for upto 12 months to those who transfer with the depot being closed by the companies choice.

It would make sense that tameside drivers who move to Oldham will receive a pay rise
Queens Roads 37288 is on loan to Bolton and is currently on the 519. Does anyone know why?
(06/12/2016 12:44)motormayhem1 Wrote:  If the drivers move to other depots then there pay would match what the pay is at the depot they move too and sometimes the company may offer fuel allowances for upto 12 months to those who transfer with the depot being closed by the companies choice.

I'm not so sure. Tameside drivers have always got lower pay because it's run as a low cost unit. If the facilities move to another depot there still effectively working for the low cost unit.
Don't forget drivers at queens road are on different pay plàns if they work on the Metroshuttle work, plus a number of Dukinfield drivers don't have cars and get picked up by taxi bus early in the morning. Are they really going to send a bus from Oldham every morning for drivers?

Obviously it's a case of wait and see. Will they continue to run pioneer out of Oldham as a seperate entity or simply merge it all into one.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)