Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(24/09/2016 21:57)T42 PVM Wrote:  I think the Bendies work just fine for the 135

If they're looked after properly then yes. And the drivers feel unsafe driving then because there is no lock on the cab door. Remember when that driver got assaulted on the 135? That's because they managed to just open the door
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/09/2016 08:30)Alexw12 Wrote:  If they're looked after properly then yes. And the drivers feel unsafe driving then because there is no lock on the cab door. Remember when that driver got assaulted on the 135? That's because they managed to just open the door

Don't most of Firsts vehicles have a catch that's openable from either side with the silver handle?
(25/09/2016 23:01)Mayneway Wrote:  Don't most of Firsts vehicles have a catch that's openable from either side with the silver handle?

Yes, but from inside the cab there is a lock that can only be undone from inside the cab
First Manchester have tweeted today that they will be getting 5 new buses for the Vantage routes in January 2017. They will also run a couple of extra journeys on the route from next week.

https://twitter.com/FirstManchester/stat...9696116736
https://twitter.com/FirstManchester/stat...3804942336
(20/09/2016 20:30)Mayneway Wrote:  Is it me or does it seem that management are allowing FM to fall into thier old ways. After bumper years of investment and decent fleet improvements it seems as if were once again left with the prospects of receiving other groups cascades (or cast offs) that are past there best.

I agree with what you are saying. When you consider the number of vehicles, which have in recent times left the fleet, with no replacements.

32685/32750/32754 to Bristol
40321/40322/40324/40325 to Kernow
50236 to Kernow
63096-63100 to Potteries
63101-63105 to Leicester
63109/63110 to Bath
(29/09/2016 19:33)Dentonian Wrote:  I was not aware 40324/5 & 50236 had left Manchester, but these and 40321/2 are hardly in the first flush of youth. Indeed, three of them are too old for tenders. Also, its some months since 63096-105 left and they could argue that 20 buses out of the fleet has been matched by the 20 for Vantage - noting that V1 & V2 replaced a number of "conventional" services and service cuts elsewhere across the county should be taken into account as well. The main problem is the lack of replacement for buses over 16 years old ie Citaroes and B7TLs at Bury and Oldham; Presidents at Rusholme (albeit that depot has very little in the way of TFGM tenders) and a few other bits and bobs at Tameside. Of course, it might be that First are planning further service cuts in January or April 2017 to make these redundant anyway......

There is a photo of 40324 in Camborne on Flickr.

I fully agree with you regarding Citaro's, about half of which are withdrawn. It was rumoured a couple of years ago that the Citaro's were to be replaced by StreetLite Max, but nothing came of it!, and now that First appears to be moving away from wrightbus towards ADL, It would be nice to see them replaced by Enviro 200MMC's.

As for the B7TL's at Bury, I find them to still be good buses, especially the ones on the 471.
There's been an X reg ALX400 on the 182 today, not sure if it is a Trident or B7TL. Anyone know the identity of the bus?
All First Manchester ALX400s are B7TLs and depending on which one it was it could have been one of the recent transfers from either Bury or Bolton as Oldham seem to be getting a collection of B7TLs now.

The only Tridents at First Manchester are the Plaxton Presidents at Rusholme Depot.
The changes for the 30th October are now out but only on one page.
https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...nchester-2
(02/10/2016 05:59)M60lad Wrote:  All First Manchester ALX400s are B7TLs and depending on which one it was it could have been one of the recent transfers from either Bury or Bolton as Oldham seem to be getting a collection of B7TLs now.

The only Tridents at First Manchester are the Plaxton Presidents at Rusholme Depot.

Thanks for the confirmation, I couldn't see whether not it had a transverse engine in time, if I see it again I'll try to note it's fleet number.

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)