Current time: 20/04/2024, 09:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(12/04/2016 20:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  Ashton based Marshall Dart 41781 has Been Withdrawn from Service, Just 41780, 41783, 41786 and 41787 left in Service

These will still be among the last ones in the country still in service.

Although it has occasionally happened before, I saw and rode route 582-branded Eclipse 69529 on route 22. It was nice to sample one of these here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/04/2016 20:35)Metroline1511 Wrote:  These will still be among the last ones in the country still in service.

Although it has occasionally happened before, I saw and rode route 582-branded Eclipse 69529 on route 22. It was nice to sample one of these here.

Although most of the drivers hate them at Dukinfield it's a shame to see the Marshalls start to disappear. Part of me has a soft spot for Marshalls simply because when PMT took over Pennine Blue in the 90's Marshall Darts in the catching red and yellow livery of PMT were some of the first new vehiches which appeared.
I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain there's always been Darts of some kind at Dukinfield since the takeover of Pennine Blue so with the ex Cornwall 56 reg Darts now at Oldham, once the last Marshall Dart has been withdrawn that could be the end of Dart operation in Tameside. Sad times!
33676 now sports a smashed front left light and bumper, it collided with a Renault Clio which is a complete writeoff. The bus collided with the back end of the Clio as the left rear wheel on the Clio is snapped off and the bodywork is completely buckled. I think that 33676 clipped it as the Clio rushed through the lights. I've got some pictures from a friend on the bus.
I was annoyed with First on Tuesday April 19th. I was on Parsonage Road just after 8.15 last Tuesday morning. I reached a bus stop and had a quick look at the timetable to gauge whether a 22 might be due. I saw one had been due at 8.13 and just as I looked up one came but was going fairly quickly. The bus was barely 5 minutes late if that. I put my hand out but he did not stop for me! Surely, when someone is at a bus stop and checking a timetable, there is more than a slim chance that they might be planning to catch the next bus from there?
(30/04/2016 20:31)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I was annoyed with First on Tuesday April 19th. I was on Parsonage Road just after 8.15 last Tuesday morning. I reached a bus stop and had a quick look at the timetable to gauge whether a 22 might be due. I saw one had been due at 8.13 and just as I looked up one came but was going fairly quickly. The bus was barely 5 minutes late if that. I put my hand out but he did not stop for me! Surely, when someone is at a bus stop and checking a timetable, there is more than a slim chance that they might be planning to catch the next bus from there?

The driver would argue that you didn't signal in time and that even attempting to stop would have been dangerous.
To be honest First seem to be a lot worse at sailing past people at bus stops than stagecoach. I know my colleague at work used to reliy on First pioneer to get her home after a late shift at work and she was forever having to ring taxis because the driver had simply driven past her and others at the stop.
When my partner lived in Newton Heath we would often go for 184's into town and very often they would just drive past in the outside lane, yet in all the years I've used stagecoach I don't think I've ever swan a driver leave people at stops - even when they have signalled very late.
It's a shame to see First cutting services like the 456, 468 and 64. It looks like it is only a matter of time before they will only operate high frequency routes and there will be very few 'town' routes left.

I just read previous posts about Citaro withdrawals. Have they been withdrawn because of the large cuts to the 472/474 routes or have Bury received some newer vehicles to replace the Citaro's? I must say I like these buses and they still look modern, despite the hard seats.

It's been a few years since the Fingland's purchase, so I'm assuming the 41 and 42 services are now far busier and no longer have the 'Quids In' discount?
(01/05/2016 16:46)Polo Mint Wrote:  It's been a few years since the Fingland's purchase, so I'm assuming the 41 and 42 services are now far busier and no longer have the 'Quids In' discount?

That's actually incorrect. Firstbus still honour the 'Quids in' fare despite prevuiously advertising on more than two occasions expiration dates for what was previously referred to as an 'offer' as Stagecoach had no intention of reducing their magicbus fares in competition Laugh

Unlike stagecoach however the fare is valid on nightbus services too when the magic bus remains £2.50 single
The citaros are alright but clearly not that we'll built tbh though. Over even the tiniest bump the ceiling panels rattle about & there's a lot of banging/crashing noises.

Citaros & the bendy omnicitys are both riddled with faults according to a few drivers I chat to. On the subject, it seems first drivers are gradually getting friendlier slowly but surely. However when I get on with my dog some drivers still just point at him rather than actually speaking.

80% of drivers are reasonably chatty nowadays just seems a few of the younger ones don't give a stuff about passengers.
(03/05/2016 06:19)33109 Wrote:  bendy omnicitys are both riddled with faults according to a few drivers I chat to.

I suspect whether first really need to put a bendi bus on the 135 or if they are really just all show and no substance.
(03/05/2016 12:23)acocker96 Wrote:  I suspect whether first really need to put a bendi bus on the 135 or if they are really just all show and no substance.

At the current frequency, bendybuses are definitely a good option for the 135. However, as mention they are riddled with faults and panel fractures. 12015 has serious electrical problems and most of the bells don't actually work. There's another one 12013? that frequently suffers from a failed front destination and three weeks ago the one that turned up on the first bus of a Saturday morning the rear doors failed and kept opening due to a fault with the emergency switch/air pressure, they kept opening regardless of if the bus was stopped or otherwise.

I use the service regularly (at all hours due to work) and you can actually end up on one full-standing, which is not a pleasant experience at all. Although the route could (and is often) operated by double decker buses, loading time is increased due to the bus only having one door, and quite often passengers refuse to use the upper deck.

User(s) browsing this thread: 62 Guest(s)