Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(02/10/2015 07:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Even if the bell has been rung?

That would explain why from what stats I've seen why "failure to stop" is a far bigger complaint on First than on Stagecoach. I just assumed it meant failure to stop when intending passengers put their arm out, not failing to drop them off again!

Stagecoach are just as bad as First. I see it time and time again where someone has pressed the bell before a stop, not gone to the front of the bus and it's just sailed past it.
I'm sure some of the ex Devon Tridents obviously now back in Devon, had signs abound the stop sign advising passengers to ring the bell and remain seated until the bus stops.
I certainly wouldn't take the chance lol.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/10/2015 08:48)Mayneway Wrote:  Stagecoach are just as bad as First. I see it time and time again where someone has pressed the bell before a stop, not gone to the front of the bus and it's just sailed past it.
I'm sure some of the ex Devon Tridents obviously now back in Devon, had signs abound the stop sign advising passengers to ring the bell and remain seated until the bus stops.
I certainly wouldn't take the chance lol.

Me too. I wouldn't take that chance either!!!

Presumably it's for the safety of passengers. But, passengers usually press the bell for the next stop as soon as the bus has pulled of from the previous stop giving the driver plenty of notice. Once you've pressed the bell you probably shouldn't need to get up too early considering the driver already knows the bell has been pressed. The driver should be going at a safe speed anyway as they approach the bus stop. So, isn't that safe enough?
(02/10/2015 08:48)Mayneway Wrote:  Stagecoach are just as bad as First.

This has also been my experience, especially on the 125 Bolton - Preston service. Whereas in Manchester, I have never encountered this problem with either First or Stagecoach.
Have first changed the shudehill to bury route?

Spotted a citaro yesterday heading up bury new road at broughton displaying #97 rather than #98???
(03/10/2015 03:10)33109 Wrote:  Have first changed the shudehill to bury route?

Spotted a citaro yesterday heading up bury new road at broughton displaying #97 rather than #98???

Both the 97 and 98 head up Bury New Road

TFGM 97/98
Timings on the 409 late evening service until service end (Oldham to Ashton xx12 xx32 xx52 arriving xx28 xx48 xx08) horrendous for interchanging for services departing Ashton bus station such as:
237 (xx51) 409 journey arriving xx48 likely to be 2/3 mins late and passengers would have to wait a full hour for the next journey and the train leaving guide bridge at around xx53
346 (xx30) 409 journey arriving xx28 which is usually 2/3 mins late leaving passengers waiting at least 30 mins for an alternative journey around the Dukinfield/Hyde area.
348 (xx47) (recently retimed 3 mins earlier from xx50) 409 journey arriving xx48, passengers would have to wait almost a full hour or struggle for an alternative connection (389 (xx00) to Stalybridge and 343 (xx41) for Carrbrook) which gives passengers a real headache.
(06/10/2015 20:29)Benzo Wrote:  Timings on the 409 late evening service until service end (Oldham to Ashton xx12 xx32 xx52 arriving xx28 xx48 xx08) horrendous for interchanging for services departing Ashton bus station such as:
237 (xx51) 409 journey arriving xx48 likely to be 2/3 mins late and passengers would have to wait a full hour for the next journey and the train leaving guide bridge at around xx53
346 (xx30) 409 journey arriving xx28 which is usually 2/3 mins late leaving passengers waiting at least 30 mins for an alternative journey around the Dukinfield/Hyde area.
348 (xx47) (recently retimed 3 mins earlier from xx50) 409 journey arriving xx48, passengers would have to wait almost a full hour or struggle for an alternative connection (389 (xx00) to Stalybridge and 343 (xx41) for Carrbrook) which gives passengers a real headache.

simple answer get the bus before and wait 15 mins .... plus there changing again at end of the month
(06/10/2015 20:29)Benzo Wrote:  Timings on the 409 late evening service until service end (Oldham to Ashton xx12 xx32 xx52 arriving xx28 xx48 xx08) horrendous for interchanging for services departing Ashton bus station such as:

It's a joke.
Very little thought is given to people making connecting journeys.
The evening 237's role into Ashton just as the 216/347 and 169 are pulling out.
What about the people getting off those services to jump on the 409, if the 409 is scheduled to arrive before then, those customers would miss it...
Saw 37297 in olympia livery in bury interchange today

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)