Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Streetlites for Queens Rd.? Aren't they a bit small? I thought all the smaller routes had the Hybrid Optares?

I thought Queens Rd. had all the B9's in the new paintscheme, however I saw a 17 with the old paintscheme on the other day. Perhaps the Vodafone advertisement means they cannot be repainted 'til the advert deal expires.

Quite a few Bury B7/B9 have yet to be painted.

Any Solo's painted yet? I expect some of the newer Solo's will be in the fleet for years to come.

I didn't realise the Citaro's were that old, they look great for their age
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The only buses I've seen in the new livery are B7s, B9s and Enviro400s. Not seen any Solos re-painted yet but I have wondered whether First will re-paint the older buses like the Solos and Citaros or leave them until they're replaced with newer vehicles.

Interesting to hear that Oldham might get Enviro200s. Wonder what the drivers will make of those as I heard one driver last week saying she doesn't like the Enviro400s and prefers the B9s.
(12/03/2013 22:56)Polo Mint Wrote:  Streetlites for Queens Rd.? Aren't they a bit small? I thought all the smaller routes had the Hybrid Optares?

I thought Queens Rd. had all the B9's in the new paintscheme, however I saw a 17 with the old paintscheme on the other day. Perhaps the Vodafone advertisement means they cannot be repainted 'til the advert deal expires.

Quite a few Bury B7/B9 have yet to be painted.

Any Solo's painted yet? I expect some of the newer Solo's will be in the fleet for years to come.

I didn't realise the Citaro's were that old, they look great for their age

Queens Rd Has Crusaders & Renowns seating between 36 & 44,Streetlites can offer upto 45 seats
(12/03/2013 23:06)SF07 Wrote:  The only buses I've seen in the new livery are B7s, B9s and Enviro400s. Not seen any Solos re-painted yet but I have wondered whether First will re-paint the older buses like the Solos and Citaros or leave them until they're replaced with newer vehicles.

Interesting to hear that Oldham might get Enviro200s. Wonder what the drivers will make of those as I heard one driver last week saying she doesn't like the Enviro400s and prefers the B9s.

As an ex first driver, I can safely say 90% of drivers prefer B9s over Enviros - there is no power in an Enviro, the turning circle is sh*t which is why drivers struggled at Greenfield at first, the doors are bloody annoying and they feel so cheaply made.
(13/03/2013 00:01)jimbo Wrote:  
(12/03/2013 23:06)SF07 Wrote:  The only buses I've seen in the new livery are B7s, B9s and Enviro400s. Not seen any Solos re-painted yet but I have wondered whether First will re-paint the older buses like the Solos and Citaros or leave them until they're replaced with newer vehicles.

As an ex first driver, I can safely say 90% of drivers prefer B9s over Enviros - there is no power in an Enviro, the turning circle is sh*t which is why drivers struggled at Greenfield at first, the doors are bloody annoying and they feel so cheaply made.

Has an ex first driver now stagecoach driver i would say 100% of drivers prefer the b9 over the enviro 400!
You know what? I don't care how off topic this is, the Volvo B9TL is an exquisite machine and I don't know why anyone would dislike it other than the fashionable distaste for anything modern, which is a little pathetic in my eyes. It's 'uncool' to like anything that is low floor it seems among most bus enthusiasts. I'm definitely not uncomfortable with my adoration of Volvo B9TLs, Darts and Streetlites...

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(13/03/2013 05:24)P528LND Wrote:  You know what? I don't care how off topic this is, the Volvo B9TL is an exquisite machine and I don't know why anyone would dislike it other than the fashionable distaste for anything modern, which is a little pathetic in my eyes. It's 'uncool' to like anything that is low floor it seems among most bus enthusiasts. I'm definitely not uncomfortable with my adoration of Volvo B9TLs, Darts and Streetlites...

I Agree about the Volvo B9TLs,they are the nearest thing were ever going to see to an Olympian plus its one of the only type buses i know that can climb hills like there not even there
You know what the Enviro 400 is a excellent bus , i am a bus driver my self and the engine is wonderful, it has a modern body and i've heard passengers comment positively about , they asked me is the bus company i work for going to get any more Enviro 400. It's great all over .
The B9's are very comfy and even some that are coming on for 5 years old could pass as brand new (Although there is at least 1 annoyingly rattley Hybrid at Queens Rd. on the upstairds).

If you think about darts though, some are better than others. The Plaxton (I and II) seem very rattley and tatty, the Marshall Capital bodied ones are also bad from the passenger perspective. Luckily FirstGroup ordered the Wright Bodied versions that aren't as bad.

(12/03/2013 23:16)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Queens Rd Has Crusaders & Renowns seating between 36 & 44,Streetlites can offer upto 45 seats

Really? I must have under-estimated the size of the Streetlites and over-estimated the size of the darts.

What routes are these size vehicles used on? Route 64? or 53 I'm guessing?
(13/03/2013 23:09)Polo Mint Wrote:  The B9's are very comfy and even some that are coming on for 5 years old could pass as brand new (Although there is at least 1 annoyingly rattley Hybrid at Queens Rd. on the upstairds).

If you think about darts though, some are better than others. The Plaxton (I and II) seem very rattley and tatty, the Marshall Capital bodied ones are also bad from the passenger perspective. Luckily FirstGroup ordered the Wright Bodied versions that aren't as bad.

(12/03/2013 23:16)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Queens Rd Has Crusaders & Renowns seating between 36 & 44,Streetlites can offer upto 45 seats

Really? I must have under-estimated the size of the Streetlites and over-estimated the size of the darts.

What routes are these size vehicles used on? Route 64? or 53 I'm guessing?

Darts seem to depend on who owns them,Wakefields Arriva MPDs are great,both before & after referb but Huddersfield SPDs are awfull with a capital A

Renowns are normally on 110,33,88/89 & Sometimes appear on 17 & 100,Crusaders im not sure about,but im thinking 64,88/89 & 74/75.Streetlite 10.8m Seats B41F & MAX 11.5m Seats B45F

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)