Current time: 28/03/2024, 13:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
ave read on Facebook that the problem is the availability of drivers and drivers hours
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/03/2020 18:42)Walton 46 Wrote:  Just been on twitter and a lot of people who are key workers are angry because they'll struggle to get to and from work. If I was in charge, I would have reduced the service to hourly in order to keep the service running from 6am to midnight

Some lines an hourly service is viable , one that isnt is the West Kirby line as the service takes just over an hour to do a round trip , hence the 45 minute service was the only option on the Sunday just gone with the service interworking with New Brighton service.

Also on the Sunday coming up Southport services only operate to Liverpool Central , the Ormskirk service will run to Hunts Cross.
This is a bad decision. If they spaced the journeys out more during the day they could have capacity to cover evenings when key shift workers need it most.

Chester should only be half hourly with a Hooton-E Port shuttle or even run services coupled together and split at Hooton.

West Kirby could also be half hourly with a North-NB Shuttle or again run together and split at North.

Similar patterns could be used on the Northern Line.
Further update

U PDATE: We have been listening to the concerns of key workers across the region and are currently looking at making some revisions to the amended timetable to accommodate essential travel. An announcement will be made later today. https://t.co/MyWefW6ioT
I wonder if the Rail Delivery Group have had any influence. On some routes it seems they've asked TOCs to reduce passenger trains so that more daytime freight trains can run - presumably so signallers aren't required in the evenings.
(01/04/2020 11:41)knutstransport Wrote:  I wonder if the Rail Delivery Group have had any influence. On some routes it seems they've asked TOCs to reduce passenger trains so that more daytime freight trains can run - presumably so signallers aren't required in the evenings.

but barely any freight runs on the merseyrail network so i don't think merseyrail would be affected.
The only time we see anything on the merseyrail network
( wirral and northern lines ) even resembling a freight train is when we have engineering work going on from what I have seen before now.
(01/04/2020 11:40)N271CKB Wrote:  Further update

U PDATE: We have been listening to the concerns of key workers across the region and are currently looking at making some revisions to the amended timetable to accommodate essential travel. An announcement will be made later today. https://t.co/MyWefW6ioT

Im certain it will probably be a service from 6am , but i cant see a service beyond 9pm .

Sunday 8 till 8 last week didnt invoke any problems so i can see that happening again .

Dont forget Coronavirus hasnt peaked at all in this area yet and services could be decimated , would prefer a planned drop in service or unplanned cancellations , thats the crux of the matter coming up.
Revised timetables, from 2nd april, with a slightly later finish than the 1900 first advertised

https://www.merseyrail.org/seasonal/covi...rvice.aspx
Extra train service now been added to the emergency timetables on the Merseyrail website . Its the same start times , just revised finishing times for some of the lines.

On the Chester line it is just one unit staying out for a couple of trips .

Southport line extra services not running to Hunts Cross.

Those are some of the points i have noted.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)