Current time: 29/03/2024, 05:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Merseyrail introducing a new time table on the CTR line from Monday. Due to serious time keeping issues over the last two-three weeks!

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi Everyone

Long time no speak.

Over the last few days some of the services have been totally up the wall.

I think it started at around 06:00 on Friday the 6th when it was a wet day. A track fault at Green Lane was causing delays which had a knock on effect for the rest of the day.

I started out to get the train to chester only to find that the 12:12 which would be 12:07 from Birkenhead to Chester non stop through Capenhurst was not on the destination board and when it did emerge from Green Lane formed of 507002 & 507032 it went belting through Rock Ferry followed not long behind by 507004 not in service.

The next train due at 12:27 eventually arrived at 12:38 with 508115 leading an unknown 507.

I eventually got to Chester at 13:03.

On the way back I managed to get on 507032 which had 507002 leading the journey back as far as Hooton when an announcement was made saying that the train was not stopping between Hooton & Birkenhead.

I therefore had to get off and wait for another train to Rock Ferry.

A 3 car from Chester turned up, no way I could get on as it was almost sardines on board.

Finally after a 30 min wait at Hooton, success, A 6 car turned up that I could get on. I have no idea why those on the sardines 3 car 15 minutes before didn't wait for the 6 car I got on. The train was formed of a pair of 507s ( can't remember the unit numbers unfortunately ).

Even for the next few days after that the services were up the wall with further track faults and signal problems.

My apologies that my 1st post in a while seems like 1 massive complaint, believe me it's not meant to be.

Feels good to be back on the forum again.
(12/10/2017 19:00)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Merseyrail introducing a new time table on the CTR line from Monday. Due to serious time keeping issues over the last two-three weeks!

Looking at the timetable out online it looks like they have fitted an extra unit in , but dont know how they have managed to find the unit as it looks the same unit now operates 105 minutes later rather than 90 minutes later.
(13/10/2017 06:39)wirralbus Wrote:  Looking at the timetable out online it looks like they have fitted an extra unit in , but dont know how they have managed to find the unit as it looks the same unit now operates 105 minutes later rather than 90 minutes later.

They'll probably split one of the current six car workings up. This change has been needed, since the 'Lime St Upgrade' timetable was brought in reliability on Chesters has been at an all time low.
Im led to believe for some reason that the Ellesmere Port has sometimes been a six car , i Do wonder if that service is where the extra unit may be coming from to provide the sixth unit .

Note that services will leave Chester earlier by 5 minutes with two exceptions , this being the 2300 to Liverpool and 2330 to Hooton , arrival will be in Chester later than the timetable.
(15/10/2017 08:34)wirralbus Wrote:  Im led to believe for some reason that the Ellesmere Port has sometimes been a six car , i Do wonder if that service is where the extra unit may be coming from to provide the sixth unit .

Note that services will leave Chester earlier by 5 minutes with two exceptions , this being the 2300 to Liverpool and 2330 to Hooton , arrival will be in Chester later than the timetable.

Some of the evening Ellesmere Port services have been a 6 car because they come directly from working a Chester service
You have had the strange set up today that the Ellesmere port service was six cars and the Chester was three cars , dont understand the logic .
(15/10/2017 16:36)wirralbus Wrote:  You have had the strange set up today that the Ellesmere port service was six cars and the Chester was three cars , dont understand the logic .

Chester 6 cars in adhesion season have near enough 0% chance of keeping to time. Ellesmere Port 6 cars have a better chance due to a longer turnaround time at Ellesmere Port (9mins compared to Chester's 4mins).
The problem this leaves however is services can become overcrowded from Chester
(15/10/2017 20:43)ls1911 Wrote:  Chester 6 cars in adhesion season have near enough 0% chance of keeping to time. Ellesmere Port 6 cars have a better chance due to a longer turnaround time at Ellesmere Port (9mins compared to Chester's 4mins).
The problem this leaves however is services can become overcrowded from Chester

Yeah i know that but during the Liverpool Lime St Blockade you would have thought that more space may be required on Chester services where passengers are trying to avoid Liverpool South Parkway.
(16/10/2017 06:12)wirralbus Wrote:  Yeah i know that but during the Liverpool Lime St Blockade you would have thought that more space may be required on Chester services where passengers are trying to avoid Liverpool South Parkway.

It is,hence why on other Sunday's the Chester line has seen 6 cars. But the timekeeping has been abysmal, this was pretty much an effort to improve that. Whether a good idea or not remains to be seen...

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)