Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(09/11/2020 14:47)wirralbus Wrote:  Services have been suspended for a while on the ormskirk line to due to bridge bash at Old Roan , services have now resumed but services didnt operate for about 90 to 120 minutes .

A shuttle service operated from Aintree to Hunts Cross and from Maghull to Ormskirk , during the disruption.

Lorry wedged under the bridge,its not like the height isn't clearly displayed on the bridge....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Article from the Echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...y-19248090
(08/11/2020 22:28)313201 Wrote:  Hi Everyone, I hope you are all ok

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about possible vandalism on the wirral line today.

Apparently there were lots of passengers asking staff what was going on as services were being delayed.

Also, Is there any news on the next delivery of 777s.

No 777 deliveries this week
Does the track and signals allow for reversing at Maghull station towards Ormskirk?
(09/11/2020 14:51)Gordon V Wrote:  Lorry wedged under the bridge,its not like the height isn't clearly displayed on the bridge....

From the picture i saw on facebook , it seems like if the lorry had used the very centre of the bridge it may have just about got through but he looked like he tried to stay in the normal position and there is always going to be one winner , the bridge.

This bridge must be one of the most hit bridges on Merseyrail , followed by the ones around Bache ,Sandhills , Rock Ferry and Port Sunlight.
(09/11/2020 21:34)wirralbus Wrote:  From the picture i saw on facebook , it seems like if the lorry had used the very centre of the bridge it may have just about got through but he looked like he tried to stay in the normal position and there is always going to be one winner , the bridge.

This bridge must be one of the most hit bridges on Merseyrail , followed by the ones around Bache ,Sandhills , Rock Ferry and Port Sunlight.

Might be one of the most hit on Merseyrail but on the newly released network rail league chart of most bashed bridges in the past year,none on Merseyrail even get a mention
(09/11/2020 20:13)508134 Wrote:  Does the track and signals allow for reversing at Maghull station towards Ormskirk?

You can get Ormskirk - Maghull- Ormskirk and Walton Junction - Maghull - Walton Junction via the crossover south of the level crossing, it’s signalled both ways.
(09/11/2020 20:13)508134 Wrote:  Does the track and signals allow for reversing at Maghull station towards Ormskirk?

Yes. Just South of Maghull Station there is a crossover from the Liverpool bound track to the Ormskirk bound track. So trains terminating at Maghull from Ormskirk travel south past the crossover, then head North crossing over to the Northbound track to gain access to the Ormskirk platform. If trains from Liverpool ever terminate at Maghull, the return service to Liverpool leaves from the Ormskirk platform, using the crossover to regain the Southbound track. I hope that all makes sense.
(09/11/2020 21:45)Gordon V Wrote:  Might be one of the most hit on Merseyrail but on the newly released network rail league chart of most bashed bridges in the past year,none on Merseyrail even get a mention

I remember back in the days of GTL a Titan was driven under the Old roan railway bridge resulting in it becoming a single decker.
(10/11/2020 00:30)Olympian2100 Wrote:  Yes. Just South of Maghull Station there is a crossover from the Liverpool bound track to the Ormskirk bound track. So trains terminating at Maghull from Ormskirk travel south past the crossover, then head North crossing over to the Northbound track to gain access to the Ormskirk platform. If trains from Liverpool ever terminate at Maghull, the return service to Liverpool leaves from the Ormskirk platform, using the crossover to regain the Southbound track. I hope that all makes sense.

That is great and makes complete sense, thank you.
I have seen and been on services travelling towards Liverpool Central from Maghull Platform 2 using the crossover but never seen the manoeuvre going the other way.

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)