Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(01/08/2020 17:52)mikestone Wrote:  If you think about it ( with the possible exception of the Glasgow Underground) overall exactly 50% of seats face backwards.
I am sure Merseytravei will say "We did a survey and are customers wanted the seats

facing backwards" when the vast majority of people hate back facing seats

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They could have been made so the direction of travel could be changed.

Wasn't there a dmu class where this could be done
(02/08/2020 09:16)Penny Return Wrote:  I am sure Merseytravei will say "We did a survey and are customers wanted the seats

facing backwards" when the vast majority of people hate back facing seats

On a multiple unit , your always going to get seats in both directions.
The next move of 777s is now due on 19th August, presumably 008 & 010 from Switzerland, it’s been put back a week
(06/08/2020 20:53)507022 Wrote:  The next move of 777s is now due on 19th August, presumably 008 & 010 from Switzerland, it’s been put back a week

Why has it been put back?
(06/08/2020 22:09)508134 Wrote:  Why has it been put back?

I don’t know but I’ll try to find out
Heard on bbc radio merseyside about an hour or 2 ago that there was no train service to chester due to signalling issues.

While on the M53 back to wallasey, I spotted 3 arriva buses heading to hooton to begin rail replacement work.

I have not heard anything further as to whether the problem is fixed or not but there is bound to be information somewhere.
(11/08/2020 15:57)313201 Wrote:  Heard on bbc radio merseyside about an hour or 2 ago that there was no train service to chester due to signalling issues.

While on the M53 back to wallasey, I spotted 3 arriva buses heading to hooton to begin rail replacement work.

I have not heard anything further as to whether the problem is fixed or not but there is bound to be information somewhere.

Traction current problems
According to the merseyrail service status information, it appears that a full service was restored before I posted earlier as it said there was a good service on the chester line.
508110 is the next unit for withdrawal possibly in the next week or two. Presumably that and 508134 will be taken for scrap soon after that to make room for the increasing number of 777s that are appearing on the network

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)