Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(02/06/2020 12:17)MX12CFE Wrote:  Not sure if the trespass incident was associated with the level crossing. A few days ago I was waiting on the platform at Maghull for the 07.08 train to Ormskirk to go to work. the lights and siren on the crossing had been going for a few seconds and a car shot straight over the crossing at speed just as the barriers had begun to drop.

All to try and save a few minutes.

There is a saying better arrive slightly late than dead ontime.

Jumping the lights on level crossings can be dangerous im sure they dont realise these trains are not lightweight and can reduced a car in a matter of seconds to twisted metal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
ON nationalrail it is claimed Merseyrail services are correct in journey planners up to 12 July - amended times are only shown until the end of the previous week.
Hi anyone know when a 777 is next likely to be out testing on the Ormskirk line please? I live near Maghull station and would love to pop out for a quick look next time it passes through. Thanks
(09/06/2020 12:10)MX12CFE Wrote:  Hi anyone know when a 777 is next likely to be out testing on the Ormskirk line please? I live near Maghull station and would love to pop out for a quick look next time it passes through. Thanks

Not next time as such but 777003 was on the Ormskirk line early hours of this morning
I wonder if the tests are going to include 8 coach tests, not just to see how well the units perform when coupled up but also to see where there could be issues in terms of passengers getting on/off.

Living on the wirral myself, I know that Green Lane is the primary stop where the 1st and last coaches are in the area where boarding/alighting is not permitted.

I think this is a crucial part of the testing where information for merseyrail is required so that this information can be passed on to the train crews who will ultimately be on board when in service.
(09/06/2020 12:10)MX12CFE Wrote:  Hi anyone know when a 777 is next likely to be out testing on the Ormskirk line please? I live near Maghull station and would love to pop out for a quick look next time it passes through. Thanks

Keep a look on Open Train Times or Traksy maps. Usually out testing Sunday/Monday morning and Monday/Tuesday morning. Although gradually becoming more frequent. Testing routes vary and the paths do not appear on Realtime Trains.
I have seen 2 videos on YouTube of the new trains at Maghull station you may be interested in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rffdOJTiZSI
There us also a video of 777003 stopping at Birkdale and it sounds like the door system is being tested although none of the doors get opened or closed, then the unit pulls off and continues its journey.
(09/06/2020 12:36)508134 Wrote:  Keep a look on Open Train Times or Traksy maps. Usually out testing Sunday/Monday morning and Monday/Tuesday morning. Although gradually becoming more frequent. Testing routes vary and the paths do not appear on Realtime Trains.
I have seen 2 videos on YouTube of the new trains at Maghull station you may be interested in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rffdOJTiZSI

Thanks for that will have a look
Minor disruption on the Southport line this afternoon due to windows being smashed on a train
(10/06/2020 11:51)Walton 46 Wrote:  Minor disruption on the Southport line this afternoon due to windows being smashed on a train

Any idea what unit this was?

User(s) browsing this thread: 62 Guest(s)