Current time: 23/04/2024, 06:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
I forgot to add Wirral Line services will also be finishing at 8pm as well
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/03/2020 20:38)Walton 46 Wrote:  I forgot to add Wirral Line services will also be finishing at 8pm as well

if Sunday is like the weekday service , the service is really carrying just a handful of passengers .

As long as the service bus service is crossing the river passengers will be able to get onto the Wirral , it seems the Wirral line is seriously struggling for staff by the looks of it .
(27/03/2020 21:27)wirralbus Wrote:  if Sunday is like the weekday service , the service is really carrying just a handful of passengers .

As long as the service bus service is crossing the river passengers will be able to get onto the Wirral , it seems the Wirral line is seriously struggling for staff by the looks of it .

It is, one large depot compared to 2 for the northern line.
The Chester line will be kept at a 30min frequency for as long as possible, dont forget it goes very close to the Countess hospital. The Ellesmere Port line however will probably become no more than an hourly Hooton-Ellesmere Port shuttle.
(28/03/2020 07:56)ls1911 Wrote:  It is, one large depot compared to 2 for the northern line.
The Chester line will be kept at a 30min frequency for as long as possible, dont forget it goes very close to the Countess hospital. The Ellesmere Port line however will probably become no more than an hourly Hooton-Ellesmere Port shuttle.

What are the 3 depots for train crew-Kirkdale, Birkenhead North and Southport?
Is there not a base for train crew at Birkenhead Central?

Also, I have always wondered, at the end of service if a unit is not destined to arrive back on the depot, how do the train crew arrive back to the depot in order to finish their shift and for example get their car to travel home?
For instance, the last few trains from Chester or Ellesmere Port travel empty stock to various stabling locations including Rock Ferry, Hooton and sometimes even Kirkdale (usually from Hooton or Hamilton Square). In these cases, do the driver and guard from the last services have to make their own way back to the depot (or home) from the location where they take the ECS back to be stabled?
(29/03/2020 01:31)508134 Wrote:  What are the 3 depots for train crew-Kirkdale, Birkenhead North and Southport?

Also, I have always wondered, at the end of service if a unit is not destined to arrive back on the depot, how do the train crew arrive back to the depot in order to finish their shift and for example get their car to travel home?
For instance, the last few trains from Chester or Ellesmere Port travel empty stock to various stabling locations including Rock Ferry, Hooton and sometimes even Kirkdale (usually from Hooton or Hamilton Square). In these cases, do the driver and guard from the last services have to make their own way back to the depot (or home) from the location where they take the ECS back to be stabled?

Merseyrail used to have accounts with certain Taxi companies (probably still do) and get a discount as sometimes drivers like at Kirkdale maybe sent to Southport or wherever if there's staffing problems or a line fault
(29/03/2020 01:31)508134 Wrote:  What are the 3 depots for train crew-Kirkdale, Birkenhead North and Southport?

The 3 Merseyrail traincrew depots are Birkenhead Central, Southport and Kirkdale.
Stadler has 2 maintenance depots (not traincrew) at Kirkdale and Birkenhead North.
Taxis are used for the crews stabling trains at out stations overnight.
Presume Birkenhead Central is a throwback to Mollington Street days
(29/03/2020 23:58)SNL 824 Wrote:  Presume Birkenhead Central is a throwback to Mollington Street days

Probably. There were also guards depots at Birkenhead North and West Kirby long ago, I think these went at privatisation
Merseyrail have just announced that from Thursday 2nd April, trains will now only run between 0700-1900 (Monday-Saturdays) and 0800-1900 on Sundays.
(31/03/2020 17:48)508134 Wrote:  Merseyrail have just announced that from Thursday 2nd April, trains will now only run between 0700-1900 (Monday-Saturdays) and 0800-1900 on Sundays.

Just been on twitter and a lot of people who are key workers are angry because they'll struggle to get to and from work. If I was in charge, I would have reduced the service to hourly in order to keep the service running from 6am to midnight

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)