Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Presumably 508134 will have been brought back into service having been out of use for nearly a month
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I do know there is still spare units available so that will not be necessary at this time .
(19/03/2020 14:48)313201 Wrote:  Presumably 508134 will have been brought back into service having been out of use for nearly a month

508134 was not in use today. It was in its usual place of just outside the new maintence shed at Kirkdale depot.

In fact, even though all services are formed of 6 cars with this Sunday service timetable, less units are required today than a normal weekday services (44 compared to 49 out of 59 units if I have calculated the allocations correctly).
Merseyrail service frequency has been reduced to every 30 minutes on routes which normally get a train every 15 minutes:
https://www.merseyrail.org/
(19/03/2020 14:48)313201 Wrote:  Presumably 508134 will have been brought back into service having been out of use for nearly a month

No,508134 has been withdrawn and won't be back in passenger service.
It can be used as a "shunt loco" however as it's been used to move 777003 around Kirkdale depot
(19/03/2020 21:09)507022 Wrote:  No,508134 has been withdrawn and won't be back in passenger service.
It can be used as a "shunt loco" however as it's been used to move 777003 around Kirkdale depot

What implications will the Coronavirus have on the new train fleet as all testing and building of the units will have been suspended.

Im surprised there was a test this past week with 777003 between walton Junction and Kirkby
Is there any news on when the new unit will be out on daytime test running on the wirral please.
(19/03/2020 23:37)wirralbus Wrote:  What implications will the Coronavirus have on the new train fleet as all testing and building of the units will have been suspended.

Im surprised there was a test this past week with 777003 between walton Junction and Kirkby

777003 was out testing again, early hours Thursday morning.

I do wonder with the reduction in the frequency of trains/staff requirements, whether Merseyrail will push on with driver training for the new fleet using the driver simulator at Kirkdale depot over the next few days/weeks.
At the moment, I don't think they have staff shortage on their hands, yet at least.

I suspect the construction and transfer of the new trains will be delayed, but hopefully not too much.
(20/03/2020 05:24)508134 Wrote:  777003 was out testing again, early hours Thursday morning.

I do wonder with the reduction in the frequency of trains/staff requirements, whether Merseyrail will push on with driver training for the new fleet using the driver simulator at Kirkdale depot over the next few days/weeks.
At the moment, I don't think they have staff shortage on their hands, yet at least.

I suspect the construction and transfer of the new trains will be delayed, but hopefully not too much.

Theres still no agreement to actually train drivers on the new units.
Plus there is a daily increasing number of staff going off meaning soon there will be very little to no slack in the system to any kind of training.
If staff numbers are increasing in terms of those going off it seems that either merseyrail would end up recruiting people externally to do the jobs and keep liverpool and wirral moving or would just shut down completely.

I think ig I had chance to do the training to drive thdn I would certainly do it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)