Current time: 19/04/2024, 16:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Perhaps also repainting 1 full 3 car set of each class into the originsl blue/grey livery and maybe if merseyrail were able to reform 1 of the 508s as an original 4 car set like when the 508s were built.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just looked at Merseyrail's Boxing Day timetable and I've noticed on the Chester Line, trains are only going as far as Hooton. Is there a particular reason for this?
(23/11/2019 20:26)Walton 46 Wrote:  Just looked at Merseyrail's Boxing Day timetable and I've noticed on the Chester Line, trains are only going as far as Hooton. Is there a particular reason for this?

Chester is managed by TfW Rail

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(23/11/2019 20:26)Walton 46 Wrote:  Just looked at Merseyrail's Boxing Day timetable and I've noticed on the Chester Line, trains are only going as far as Hooton. Is there a particular reason for this?

Also on Boxing Day not all Merseyrail Stations are open , on the Hooton line , only Hooton , Bromborough , Bebington , Rock Ferry , Birkenhead Central and the Underground Stations are open. As you will know Bebington is an addition from previous years Boxing Day services.
yes we don't matter in Eastham.They should be all open.
(24/11/2019 01:05)bus401 Wrote:  yes we don't matter in Eastham.They should be all open.

To open all stations it would require more staff and Trains which pushes the cost up

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/11/2019 07:53)T42 PVM Wrote:  To open all stations it would require more staff and Trains which pushes the cost up

In addition to there own staff costs, all of Network Rails costs also have to be met by Merseyrail as Boxing Day is classed as additional to the track access agreement.
As it is its a loss making service run for political reasons only.
This opens up the whole public transport over the festive period Discussion. Given how busy Boxing Day is these days, I feel that their should be a rail service on Boxing Day in lieu of New Year's Day which these days is very quiet.
(24/11/2019 10:19)St Helens Rider Wrote:  This opens up the whole public transport over the festive period Discussion. Given how busy Boxing Day is these days, I feel that their should be a rail service on Boxing Day in lieu of New Year's Day which these days is very quiet.

If you look at what is open on New Years Day , most people are trying to recover from the excesses of the clock striking twelve ...
(24/11/2019 16:41)wirralbus Wrote:  If you look at what is open on New Years Day , most people are trying to recover from the excesses of the clock striking twelve ...

Which is exactly the reason why I suggest that the railways take the break on New Year's Day and run a Saturday type service on Boxing Day.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)