Current time: 25/04/2024, 05:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Is the letter on the cake meant to reflect what people will think?! As in 'mmmm', cake!!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/06/2017 12:38)buses7675 Wrote:  Is the letter on the cake meant to reflect what people will think?! As in 'mmmm', cake!!

I thought mmm freebie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Saw a report on the Echo website yesterday saying a train had two windows shot out with an air rifle in the Birkdale area on Monday evening. Thank god no one was hurt. A passenger reported the incident to the driver and the unit was taken out of service.
RMT members to strike on 8, 10 and 23 July. 23 July is when the Open Golf Championship is on, so I imagine Merseyrail will be shut down apart from running shuttle services for the purpose of getting spectators from the city centre to the golf.
New strike dates on Merseyrail,8th,10th and 23rd July.
(22/06/2017 15:17)knutstransport Wrote:  RMT members to strike on 8, 10 and 23 July. 23 July is when the Open Golf Championship is on, so I imagine Merseyrail will be shut down apart from running shuttle services for the purpose of getting spectators from the city centre to the golf.

Coincidentally, it is also the Liverpool International Music Festival on that same day at Sefton Park, so I would agree that the majority of services will be deployed on the Northern Line.

I can't see why they chose the 8th and 10th as well, If the RMT really wanted to make an impact, then surely they would stage the strikes back-to-back daily during a busy period for the trains, like the open championship. As the current strikes they have staged don't seem to be having much of an impact on negotiations with the TOCs, and I can't see these changing that scenario either. It does seem like a bit of a loosing battle the RMT are faced with at the moment.
(23/06/2017 09:49)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Coincidentally, it is also the Liverpool International Music Festival on that same day at Sefton Park, so I would agree that the majority of services will be deployed on the Northern Line.

I can't see why they chose the 8th and 10th as well, If the RMT really wanted to make an impact, then surely they would stage the strikes back-to-back daily during a busy period for the trains, like the open championship. As the current strikes they have staged don't seem to be having much of an impact on negotiations with the TOCs, and I can't see these changing that scenario either. It does seem like a bit of a loosing battle the RMT are faced with at the moment.

They are doing Northern strikes on the 8, 9 and 10th which will affect the Manchester International Festival and Race For Life in various cities. I imagine they want Merseyrail strikes to coincide with Northern strikes normally to create maximum disruption but have decided to make an exception for the 9th and 23rd.
Details of the service on the Northern Line during the first three days of The Open at Hillside is that there will be a 20 minute service between :

Liverpool Central - Kirkby
Liverpool Central - Ormskirk
Hunts Cross - Southport All Stations . (Supplemented by additional services every 20 minutes between Liverpool Central - Southport these will call only at Moorfields , Sandhills , Waterloo , Formby , Hillside , Birkdale and Southport)

Wirral Line service will run as normal , though as normal for major events the six car workings in the morning and evening peak may be downsized .

At this moment in time no details are available for the Sunday due to impending industrial action.
(12/07/2017 18:19)wirralbus Wrote:  Details of the service on the Northern Line during the first three days of The Open at Hillside is that there will be a 20 minute service between :

Liverpool Central - Kirkby
Liverpool Central - Ormskirk
Hunts Cross - Southport All Stations . (Supplemented by additional services every 20 minutes between Liverpool Central - Southport these will call only at Moorfields , Sandhills , Waterloo , Formby , Hillside , Birkdale and Southport)

Wirral Line service will run as normal , though as normal for major events the six car workings in the morning and evening peak may be downsized .

At this moment in time no details are available for the Sunday due to impending industrial action.

Details for the 23rd July are on the Merseyrail website already.No service on any line except Liverpool Central to Hillside and Southport to Hillside
Details for Sunday 23rd:

Southport-Hillside every 15 minutes from 0900-1230 (non-stop)
Liverpool Central-Hillside every 15 minutes from 0900-1230 (departures at xx00 and xx30 also call at Blundellsands & Crosby, xx15 and xx45 are non-stop)

Evening return services:

Hillside-Southport every 15 minutes from 1735-2020 (non-stop)
Hillside-Liverpool Central every 15 minutes from 1710-2055 (all services call at Blundellsands & Crosby)

No Merseyrail services on other routes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)