Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blackpool Transport
RE: Blackpool Transport
(02/03/2017 21:54)Dentonian Wrote:  Do we know the fate of the withdrawn Tridents? Will they get a reprieve when the Summer season kicks in, for instance?

These are being replaced by the 25 new DDs. I assume they will be stored pending disposal. Summer timetables start on 2nd April, there will be a small PVR rise on the 1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Demonstrator SN66 WLK has left Blackpool Transport and is now at Arriva Buses Wales' Rhyl depot
(03/03/2017 16:45)Dentonian Wrote:  Fingers crossed for an improvement (a BIG improvement) in the weather soon. Mind you, are trains running between Manchester and Blackpool?

Trains are running Monday - Friday with rail replacements on Weekends.
(03/03/2017 18:14)Dentonian Wrote:  Surprise, surprise! So that's Saturdays out of the equation.

Think this stage of the work finishes as the season starts at Easter but could be wrong. Blackpool Transport are one of the operators of the Rail Replacement although so far I have only seen Mercedes on there.
(03/03/2017 19:06)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Think this stage of the work finishes as the season starts at Easter but could be wrong. Blackpool Transport are one of the operators of the Rail Replacement although so far I have only seen Mercedes on there.

Weekend trains resume on 8th April. There's a complete closure next winter though!
Paul
More Enviros

http://fyldebus.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/m...viros.html

Credit: Fylde Bus Blog.
(02/03/2017 22:39)Paul_Turner Wrote:  These are being replaced by the 25 new DDs. I assume they will be stored pending disposal. Summer timetables start on 2nd April, there will be a small PVR rise on the 1.

Other than 349-353 do you know what else is being withdrawn?
(04/03/2017 23:26)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Other than 349-353 do you know what else is being withdrawn?

Not yet. 349-353 seem likely, but not confirmed. Nothing else has been confirmed yet, other than Solo 259.
I would be surprised if 338-341 remained given their age. 301-332 will stay as most (305-32) have had low emission exhaust mods and 301 is presently under repaint.

Paul
(05/03/2017 09:50)Paul_Turner Wrote:  Not yet. 349-353 seem likely, but not confirmed. Nothing else has been confirmed yet, other than Solo 259.
I would be surprised if 338-341 remained given their age. 301-332 will stay as most (305-32) have had low emission exhaust mods and 301 is presently under repaint.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Keep up the great work with the blog Smile
(05/03/2017 16:25)Dentonian Wrote:  Thanks.

I should also have asked where stored/withdrawn vehicles are parked Are they on the depot site? Its some years since I was last there, but there used to be a large open-air section between the offices and the works - albeit uses were parked close together, reducing the chance of identification from the public road.

They will normally be in the tram depot, or the rear of the bus depot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)