Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fairbrother's of Warrington
RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington
Greef? I suppose that means caught up in the blaze. Well, the 1940s and 2 coaches were announced by the paper and looking at the images, 2 solos as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/03/2018 10:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  Greef? I suppose that means caught up in the blaze. Well, the 1940s and 2 coaches were announced by the paper and looking at the images, 2 solos as well.

One of the coaches would appear to be a late 1990's Van Hool Alizee, possibly SCZ9651 (T178AUA)
Following the fire is everything operating as normal?
Have any vehicles been hired in etc??
(06/03/2018 21:32)Mayneway Wrote:  Following the fire is everything operating as normal?
Have any vehicles been hired in etc??

All is fine. Fairbrothers have a few spare buses. Given 3 of the buses were not used in regular service, only 2 actual buses needed covering and so I would assume they are just using spare buses.
With Network Warrington withdrawing their 23 and 23A, I wonder if these routes could be a target for Fairbrothers.
There will undoubtedly be a lot of disgruntled passengers willing to take their custom elsewhere, as people just don't like change and may be reluctant to migrate to the revised, less direct 25.
Even passengers on route 25 will be disgruntled - it already takes over three quarters of n hour to get from Gorse Covert into Warrington during the day (nearly an hour in the peaks), and will soon take even longer.
(08/03/2018 21:31)Valandil Wrote:  With Network Warrington withdrawing their 23 and 23A, I wonder if these routes could be a target for Fairbrothers.
There will undoubtedly be a lot of disgruntled passengers willing to take their custom elsewhere, as people just don't like change and may be reluctant to migrate to the revised, less direct 25.
Even passengers on route 25 will be disgruntled - it already takes over three quarters of n hour to get from Gorse Covert into Warrington during the day (nearly an hour in the peaks), and will soon take even longer.

Is there any point though? Look at what Network Warrington have done to Fairbrothers in Dallam, Orford and starting to do in Westy (they are duping westys now as well and there are changes from April to the 1,2,11,12 etc which would be frequency upgrades). Will NW just put their old 23 back on or will they go and mess around throwing millions of 25s on but short hopping them? Is it worth introducing new routes knowing what has happened so far. I overheard NW drivers talking to Fairbrothers drivers and Ben Wakerley has reportedly said for every bus Fairbrothers send out, he will match it or increase it (on top of existing services). Is the 23 even that busy anyway, it doesn't look it to me.
Where would Fairbrother’s get the extra Ops licenses from to run a 23 service? They appear to have thrown all their eggs in one basket with three seperate services to Dallam. Many of Fairbrother’s loadings are pretty much empty now. The 16X used to do pretty well but now it appears to be struggling...
(08/03/2018 23:31)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Where would Fairbrother’s get the extra Ops licenses from to run a 23 service? They appear to have thrown all their eggs in one basket with three seperate services to Dallam. Many of Fairbrother’s loadings are pretty much empty now. The 16X used to do pretty well but now it appears to be struggling...

What would you do if you were in Fairbrothers shoes. With Network Warrington threatening to wipe you out. Every route he has is being flooded. Do you then branch out so it happens in more places or do you throw all eggs in one basket and make a point you aren't going anywhere?
(09/03/2018 11:48)iMarkeh Wrote:  What would you do if you were in Fairbrothers shoes. With Network Warrington threatening to wipe you out.

It's not really wise as an operator to completely mimic your stronger competitors service, who are more frequent and have greater resources. You also then can't really expect the competition to play fairly when you're attempting to taking a cut of their income.
Sooner rather than later, financially it will really hit Fairbrother’s. Pretty much empty buses running about on a daily basis is going to hurt any profits. Even larger operators can only do this for so long, never mind a small operator. It wouldn’t surprise me if in the not too distant future, they follow the Howard’s/Springfield Model and concentrate on schools/college services....

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)