Current time: 24/04/2024, 20:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fairbrother's of Warrington
RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington
(15/01/2018 19:40)Nicholas Wrote:  Timetable data must be uploaded by the relevant Traveline Co-ordinator three weeks before the change takes place. A number of Traveline regions, such as SWPTI and SEMA (SE, Mids & Anglia) use the Mentz "Diva" system - a weekly data upload takes place at 5pm on a Tuesday, and usually appears about 48-72 hours later. So to meet the three week deadline, the timetable needs to be uploaded nearer four weeks in advance.

If the deadline is missed, the DfT then starts to demand to know why... especially if it isn't on with the following week's upload.

Obviously, short notice changes are exempt from these deadlines.
Fairbrothers had the 16H registered a while ago. Only minor changes popped up more recently. It is bad though that stuff isn't being uploaded as it should be. I know most places are pretty spot on. Just Warrington. The 1C is still showing as Saturdays only. I reported that to Fairbrothers quite a few months ago. It is interesting how the 20/21 has been updated though isn't it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This morning I did see a Solo coming to the end of Bewsey Road which was running as a 16H. Destination read 16H Hospital via Bewsey Road, so I'm assuming it's running from town down Bewsey Road and left towards the hospital, and maybe back to town via the traditional route? Fairbrothers don't appear to have anything on their own website or FB pages.

Bewsey Road seems to get someone trying to run down it every few years - WBT, Bennetts and even Strawberry (think they changed the route after the first day). It never seems to warrant a service though, so not sure what Fairbrothers thinking on this is. Odd it's not being publicised though.
(16/01/2018 14:25)K10K11 Wrote:  This morning I did see a Solo coming to the end of Bewsey Road which was running as a 16H. Destination read 16H Hospital via Bewsey Road, so I'm assuming it's running from town down Bewsey Road and left towards the hospital, and maybe back to town via the traditional route? Fairbrothers don't appear to have anything on their own website or FB pages.

Bewsey Road seems to get someone trying to run down it every few years - WBT, Bennetts and even Strawberry (think they changed the route after the first day). It never seems to warrant a service though, so not sure what Fairbrothers thinking on this is. Odd it's not being publicised though.

I do think they'll have to publicise this widely or it won't work and could even end up confusing passengers, as many won't be able to keep track of how the 16H is different to the 16 or 16A or 16X or 16E or soon even 16T.
Give it a clear and distinctive identity though, like "Hospital Direct - the fastest way to the hospital" and it might just work.
It only takes 6-7 minutes to get to the hospital on a normal 16/16A so I'm struggling to see how it will be any quicker going up Bewsey Rd. In addition to this, the 16H will miss out a number of busy stops including the Hatter so I'm struggling to see
The logic in this route..
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Laziness strikes again at Fairbrothers. If he can't even be bothered to update information on his website etc why should people use his service over WBT??
(17/01/2018 09:12)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  It only takes 6-7 minutes to get to the hospital on a normal 16/16A so I'm struggling to see how it will be any quicker going up Bewsey Rd. In addition to this, the 16H will miss out a number of busy stops including the Hatter so I'm struggling to see
The logic in this route..

Indeed. Previous attempts at running down Bewsey Road have usually been as a quicker route to Bewsey and Dallam, but as a quick route to the hospital it doesn't really work. The only way they could sell it is on price.

(17/01/2018 10:38)Mayneway Wrote:  I've said it before and I'll say it again. Laziness strikes again at Fairbrothers. If he can't even be bothered to update information on his website etc why should people use his service over WBT??

They did register alterations for January 24th for the 16H, so I can only assume that they're running it this week as it was registered and maybe next week they'll properly launch the service with whatever the changes were? Given they re-started the pound to town service on the 21X, I'm assuming that's what they'll be doing on the 16's.

There is the 16T that's down to start in February as well. I'm guessing that as that's supposed to run to Dallam it might follow Network Warrington's 16A down Troutbeck Avenue - hence it being the 16T?
(17/01/2018 13:45)K10K11 Wrote:  Indeed. Previous attempts at running down Bewsey Road have usually been as a quicker route to Bewsey and Dallam, but as a quick route to the hospital it doesn't really work. The only way they could sell it is on price.

They did register alterations for January 24th for the 16H, so I can only assume that they're running it this week as it was registered and maybe next week they'll properly launch the service with whatever the changes were? Given they re-started the pound to town service on the 21X, I'm assuming that's what they'll be doing on the 16's.

There is the 16T that's down to start in February as well. I'm guessing that as that's supposed to run to Dallam it might follow Network Warrington's 16A down Troutbeck Avenue - hence it being the 16T?

God knows lol. No doubt there will be minimal timetables and publicity it will just happen and people will have to guess the route etc.

In this day and age publicity is a simple thing that could make a commercial venture like the fairbrothers services all that more successful yet they choose to do as little as possible.

What's it like actually getting hold of proper paper timetables for the fairbrothers services in and around Warrington??
(17/01/2018 23:29)Mayneway Wrote:  God knows lol. No doubt there will be minimal timetables and publicity it will just happen and people will have to guess the route etc.

In this day and age publicity is a simple thing that could make a commercial venture like the fairbrothers services all that more successful yet they choose to do as little as possible.

What's it like actually getting hold of proper paper timetables for the fairbrothers services in and around Warrington??

The only place that would have paper timetables is the bus station, and I've not been in there for a timetable in ages. Have to take a look one day!!!

Your point on publicity is spot on. Even if they do publicise it's more or less preaching to the converted. It's one thing Network Warrington have picked up on - getting the message out. The local paper seems to have an article about them every other week basically just re-printing articles from NW's website. Mind you, it's not just Fairbrothers that are guilty of not getting the message the out.

Fairbrothers do actually appear to get decent loadings on the 16X, but I've always had the impression that was as much down to good timing with previous management at NW putting fares up and reducing frequencies etc.
(18/01/2018 07:21)K10K11 Wrote:  The only place that would have paper timetables is the bus station, and I've not been in there for a timetable in ages. Have to take a look one day!!!

Warringon Bus Station does have paper timetables, including some for all local operators.
Visible in racks on the right hand side of the enquiry office (as viewed from the passenger circulating space).
The 16T will Be leaving the Bus Starion, heading up
Bewsey Rd, across the lights onto Lodge Lange then onto Dallam
via Troutbeck Avenue...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)