Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
2511 is unusually on the 55 today
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/04/2016 16:17)RedPanda Wrote:  Apparently theres never going to be a 82 reg thats according to the narrator on a episode of Road Wars on Sky and Pick TV

There will be. It'll be issued from September 1st 2032 until February 28th 2033
(10/04/2016 18:34)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  There will be. It'll be issued from September 1st 2032 until February 28th 2033

The powers that be will have come up with something a bit different by then im sure.
(10/04/2016 18:42)wirralbus Wrote:  The powers that be will have come up with something a bit different by then im sure.

I very much doubt it. The current registration system is set to run until 2051 - what would be the point in changing it before then?
I prefer the irish system .

Year , Area designator , number (which in Ireland starts from 1 and goes up with the amount of vehicles registered - it could easily go into 4 , 5 or 6 numbers in the more populous areas).
(10/04/2016 19:08)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I very much doubt it. The current registration system is set to run until 2051 - what would be the point in changing it before then?

How many vehicles will be registered between 1st March and 31st August 2025 say? That would end up being a 75 reg wouldn't it so how many different combinations are there for registrations? You have to think as well only so many letters are used. I've never seen a regeitration starting with Z or a family saloon beginning with Q. Just JCB's with a Q.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/04/2016 20:22)RedPanda Wrote:  How many vehicles will be registered between 1st March and 31st August 2025 say? That would end up being a 75 reg wouldn't it so how many different combinations are there for registrations? You have to think as well only so many letters are used. I've never seen a regeitration starting with Z or a family saloon beginning with Q. Just JCB's with a Q.

It depends. That particular period however would be 25-reg with 75-reg following from September 1st 2025 to February 28th 2026. There are many different combinations (literally many thousands) so it's very unlikely that they would all be used in a six month period

The letter Z is not used on the old system at all and the letter Q is only used as a registration prefix for vehicles where the age of the vehicle cannot be determined or for kit cars

Let's try and get back on topic now please gents Smile
2952 on the 62 today displaying BOOTLE North Park. It was the only bus i noticed to be displaying Bootle in uppercase
So much for Arriva taking over the 157..

PC1015222/132 - CUMFYBUS LTD, 178C CAMBRIDGE ROAD, SOUTHPORT, PR9 7LW
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Bootle Bus Station
Finish Point: Aintree Hospital
Via: Hatton Hill, Brindle Road
Service Number: 157
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-APR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Sunday

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Arriva have confirmed they are not running the 157/158

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)