Current time: 16/04/2024, 20:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(01/09/2015 15:41)mathias Wrote:  Managed to get a ride on 4168 (LJ51 DLU) DB250/President decker today, and I can't honestly say I'm too impressed.

Whiney engine note and DLA-style acceleration suggests 13 years of hard use in London (ex-London DLP71).
4168 feels old fashioned too, with a narrow staircase and its got thick pillars upstairs which create a claustrophobic feel.
Comparatively heavy as well with a kerbweight of 11740kg.

These may now be single-door (seating capacity is now 70 passengers), they may have Interurban paintwork and they may have new blue 'chessboard' moquette, but they are definitely feeling their age.
I certainly hope they're stop-gap buses rather than permanent vehicles. With the recent increase in passenger numbers in north Liverpool, Bootle needs newer deckers, rather than tired London cast-offsSad

i`ve had one ride on Speke`s 4177 which rattled it`s way to South Parkway,they feel like a bus from the past,streets behind other deckers in the area, they are pretty clapped out and that`s what the general public will think when they ride on them compared to Gemini`s and Enviro400`s,School buses is about all they are fit for,hopefully they will be short lived on Merseyside.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4200 is making a pretty rare appearance on the 345 today!
(24/08/2015 22:17)T42 PVM Wrote:  2226 now has a White Pannel at the front, Looks really odd but since its probs got very little time left its not a big issue

Aye, looks odd with a white front set against that dark blue Interurban paintwork, but its STILL RUNNING. Seen Thursday on route 63.

Time hasn't run out for 2235 (X235 ANC) either. Seen yesterday on route 52.

Looks like these ancient Darts are still hanging in there.
As reported elsewhere on the forum, 2643 has joined 2642 in service here from Green Lane. 4622 has apparently gone the other way!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I don't quite get why Bootle are swapping deckers for older pulsars, especially a newer one, ridiculous.
4181 (LJ51 DLY) DB250/President decker is on route 58 today.
2235 (X235 ANC) DartSLF 10.7m/Pointer2 is also on there, proving that Bootle doesn't want rid of the Darts just yet.

Haven't seen 2226 lately though, could 2235 be the last one left?
4179 is on the 56 today! 4415 is back here (on 52s) after being reported at St Helens.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/09/2015 05:25)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I don't quite get why Bootle are swapping deckers for older pulsars, especially a newer one, ridiculous.

It looks like a decision being made from the upper management of Arriva North West , they must have a darn good reason.
(08/09/2015 16:51)wirralbus Wrote:  It looks like a decision being made from the upper management of Arriva North West , they must have a darn good reason.

It's to give Green Lane an additional spare double decker
(08/09/2015 17:45)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  It's to give Green Lane an additional spare double decker

That's all well and good but Bootle are 4 deckers short right now with 4621 & 4622 gone as well as 4412/4. Now how many DLP's are here

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)