Current time: 18/04/2024, 00:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(24/08/2015 16:46)Barney Wrote:  I remember these very same trees being an issue more than fifty years ago, particularly the one at the junction of Sefton Road and School Lane. However, in those days Litherland UDC and LCPT/Ribble worked in harmony and for the common good. Every spring an ancient LCPT decker, converted to open-top, was used to lop the overhanging branches of these trees along Gorsey Lane.

Ironically, Sefton Council recently announced - without any consultation with and to the outrage of most local residents - that it intends to fell over one hundred mature trees in the surrounding area because it can't afford to sweep up the leaves in the autumn. All of these tree-lined roads are quiet residential ones of course, not a major bus route such as Gorsey lane. Go figure.

The good news is that the new deckers are now on the likes of the 53 and 63.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2226 now has a White Pannel at the front, Looks really odd but since its probs got very little time left its not a big issue

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/08/2015 17:07)Barney Wrote:  The good news is that the new deckers are now on the likes of the 53 and 63.

And the better news is that the lumberjacks have been at work. The offending trees have been lopped and deckers are back on the 52/52A/55. Better late than never, I suppose.
Aye Barney, it's nice to see deckers back on the 52/52A/55/56 routes again today after a six-day absence.

Presumably someone has trimmed back the overhanging branches along these routes and the new deckers can safely use them without fear of further damage to upper deck windows and bodywork.

But who's to be held responsible for such damage is a different matter...
(28/08/2015 14:36)mathias Wrote:  Nice to see deckers back on the 52/52A/55/56 routes again today after a six-day absence.

Presumably someone has trimmed back the overhanging branches along these routes and the new deckers can safely use them without fear of further damage to upper deck windows and bodywork.

Who's to be held responsible for such damage is a different matter...

I noticed that some trees at the start of Sefton Road and the ones immediately after Cookson's Bridge have been cut back.
4170 has left Laird St for Bootle.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2642 appears to be operating out of here and is on the 54 today
Is there any news on when Bootle is due to receive the DLPs that were previously mentioned in this thread? I presume it'll be two to replace 2226/35
(31/08/2015 17:12)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Is there any news on when Bootle is due to receive the DLPs that were previously mentioned in this thread? I presume it'll be two to replace 2226/35

If you look at post #1748 it has been mentioned that 4170 has been moved to Bootle......
Weren't the ones Bootle are getting currently on loan at Winsford, so it will be whenever they can give them up.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)