Current time: 16/04/2024, 05:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
If as rumoured the 68 is only at Green Lane for 3 months we can only assume that arriva have plans for somewhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
T reg DLA on the 62 today at Penny Lane around 5ish - forgot the fleet number despite getting a clear view of it.
(10/07/2012 22:23)ste Wrote:  T reg DLA on the 62 today at Penny Lane around 5ish - forgot the fleet number despite getting a clear view of it.
It was T303 FGN (4063), which was on a 62/62A duty. Me and my friend were by Green Lane/West Derby Road when we seen it; it took a while for it to click in my head that 'deckers shouldn't be coming out of there anymore! Rolleyes

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wasn't far of I was tempted to say 4073 haha
Pulsar 2 MX59 FFW (3018) is out on the 52/52A today; I haven't seen this one for a while (well, since it entered service again!), unless it's just been avoiding me!

Bootle's short-(ish)-lived Plaxton Pointers, R604 MHN (2104) and R607 MHN (2107), seem to be off somewhere:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anw509/7550...otostream/
(Credit to "anw509" on Flickr.)

I have to say, I'm surprised they've not had more cannibalisation for panels and parts before going off to scrap! They still look reasonably intact!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I was thinking that as well, looks like engines are still there as well. Whilst I am on this thread I was passing the depot on the 61 and there was a palatine parked in the main yard.
7551 is now in service at Bootle, it is on the 52 this afternoon.
(12/07/2012 12:11)MPTE1955 Wrote:  7551 is now in service at Bootle, it is on the 52 this afternoon.
Indeed it was! The oldest bus at Bootle allocated to the "flagship services" of the depot... I managed to ride on it and, to be honest, it was alright - better than sister-bus R569 ABA (7569)! It seemed to have strange gear-ratios, and as an obvious result of that, it was a bit sluggish. It sounded great, though, and the ride-quality was nearly perfect (the gearbox-jolting was the only "issue"). There seems to be another Plaxton Pointer 2 with a black skirt-line-thing parked in the (empty!) depot - another R-ABA (7569 was out on the 58, for the record)?

Pulsar 2 MX59 FFZ (3020) was out on the 61 and Enviro400 MX09 LXM (4430) was out on the 56 - both this afternoon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)