Current time: 16/04/2024, 07:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Today's allocation out of Green Lane:
52A - 3072, 3148 and 3157
53A - 3031, 3056, 3152 and 3162
55 - 3030 which was replaced by 3066 after one round-trip, 3147 and 3153

Loadings were quite busy today from what I seen. One specific issue that I can see next New Year's Day, with the 53A being withdrawn soon, is Thornton (with no 47s and X2s running too) and Park Lane (also on Boxing Day) being left without a bus and the link that the service provides being lost (unless they run the 63).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/01/2015 17:57)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  Today's allocation out of Green Lane:
52A - 3072, 3148 and 3157
53A - 3031, 3056, 3152 and 3162
55 - 3030 which was replaced by 3066 after one round-trip, 3147 and 3153

Loadings were quite busy today from what I seen. One specific issue that I can see next New Year's Day, with the 53A being withdrawn soon, is Thornton (with no 47s and X2s running too) and Park Lane (also on Boxing Day) being left without a bus and the link that the service provides being lost (unless they run the 63).

My thoughts entirely. I can't see the 63 being operated over the festive period next year as it won't serve any retail sites. Having said that, I hope that Arriva management will have realised that the withdrawal of the 53A was a big mistake and it will have been reinstated by then.

Perhaps you could post your comment on the thread I created re The Reckoning.
Find all posts by this user
On a semi-relevant note, there are several radial routes from Bootle that do not serve Liverpool City Centre. I refer to routes 60, 61, 62, 68 and 81/81a. Route 62a is due for withdrawal next Sunday when route 63 is in introduced. I gather route 62 is operated by GL and 81/a by Speke. Apologies for not looking out for this before, but is this and my belief that routes 60, 61 and 68 all operate from BT correct?
(03/01/2015 23:22)Metroline1511 Wrote:  On a semi-relevant note, there are several radial routes from Bootle that do not serve Liverpool City Centre. I refer to routes 60, 61, 62, 68 and 81/81a. Route 62a is due for withdrawal next Sunday when route 63 is in introduced. I gather route 62 is operated by GL and 81/a by Speke. Apologies for not looking out for this before, but is this and my belief that routes 60, 61 and 68 all operate from BT correct?

Green Lane only operate the 68 - the 60 and 61 are operated by Bootle and as you say 81/81A are operated by Speke depot

Hope this helps!
62 is also operated by bootle
(03/01/2015 23:48)SL64 JDZ (4593) Wrote:  Green Lane only operate the 68 - the 60 and 61 are operated by Bootle and as you say 81/81A are operated by Speke depot

Hope this helps!

(04/01/2015 00:34)Harryn9000 Wrote:  62 is also operated by bootle

Thank you to both of you for clarifying this. The reason I knew about routes 81/a running from Speke was seeing some Geminis there last Saturday! I thought route 62 operated from GL, but this was only because it passes GL. In practice, as GL run so many city centre routes, they cannot necessarily accommodate route 62 as well as route 68.
Incident on northern permiter road Netherton involving one of bootles bus found out via driver of my bus home tonight
Rode on the last ever Arriva 53A from Liverpool to Netherton yesterday night (Saturday), operated by 3115. This journey was well-loaded throughout.

Considering that the last 63 will finish nearly one hour earlier from Bootle towards Aintree than the 53A did, those regular passengers won't even have the option of connecting with ease (unless they get a bus to Netherton then connect from there). Taking into account what the service is replacing, they should definitely have added short journeys between Aintree and Bootle in the morning (from Aintree at 06:10, 06:40 and 07:10 - on weekdays at least) and Bootle and Aintree in the night (from Bootle at 22:40 and 23:10 - all week).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wasn't really the last 53A as stagecoach continue to operate it for few more weeks
(11/01/2015 01:16)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  Rode on the last ever 53A from Liverpool to Netherton yesterday night (Saturday), operated by 3115. This journey was well-loaded throughout.

Considering that the last 63 will finish nearly one hour earlier from Bootle towards Aintree than the 53A did, those regular passengers won't even have the option of connecting with ease (unless they get a bus to Netherton then connect from there). Taking into account what the service is replacing, they should definitely have added short journeys between Aintree and Bootle in the morning (from Aintree at 06:10, 06:40 and 07:10 - on weekdays at least) and Bootle and Aintree in the night (from Bootle at 22:40 and 23:10 - all week).

Thanks for that. My views entirely. Perhaps you could post this on the thread I created for this topic: Arriva's Impending north Liverpool Changes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)