Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(02/07/2012 19:10)27701 Wrote:  I've been informed by a reliable source that DAF/ALX400 S268 JUA (4028) caught fire today in Queen Square Bus Station. It was on the 56 at midday because I seen it in Netherton, so I should think that it caught fire later-on in the day!
It can't have been that bad (unless it was a different one)...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68280753@N0...otostream/

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/07/2012 21:15)27701 Wrote:  
(02/07/2012 19:10)27701 Wrote:  I've been informed by a reliable source that DAF/ALX400 S268 JUA (4028) caught fire today in Queen Square Bus Station. It was on the 56 at midday because I seen it in Netherton, so I should think that it caught fire later-on in the day!
It can't have been that bad (unless it was a different one)...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68280753@N0...otostream/

Where was that photo taken, Michael?
Find all posts by this user
Looking at nearby photos, its Lodwig, Bangor. Was there not some sort of festival/gathering that required a substantial number of extra vehciles?
Marshall V633 DVU (7633) seemed to have broken down today at about 12:45 on Magdalene Square in Netherton.

Plaxton Pointer 2 T322 PNB (2322) was on the 52/52A, again - twice in one week... Pulsar CX58 FZG (2925) was on the 58. Enviro400s MX09 LXH (4426) and MX09 LXR (4433) were on the 53.

Working on Merseyrail replacement services (http://merseytravel.gov.uk/alerts2.asp?a...me=Trains) were, from what I seen, DAF/ALX400s T297 FGN (4057), T302 FGN (4062) and T303 FGN (4063). As a possible result of that replacement service, St-Helens-based Pulsar 2 MX59 JJE (3023), which features an interesting front-end (http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...hotostream - credit to "N531 DWM" on Flickr), was on the 53A (on loan?).

Yet another loan out by St Helens, I think it's ridiculous they willingly loan their newest buses out whilst passengers on the likes of the 89 have to put up with ancient Paladins, Darts and tired Renowns.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(05/07/2012 23:13)K101HUM Wrote:  Looking at nearby photos, its Lodwig, Bangor. Was there not some sort of festival/gathering that required a substantial number of extra vehciles?

Thanks for that, I thought I didn't recognise it!
Unless its been sold recently a possible solution for the ANW and it's Bootle depot redevelopment issues could be to relocate from Hawthorne Road acquire the waste ground and former Peoples Ford building on Linacre Road. The size of that site could be used to build a new depot large enough for ANW to merge GL's North Liverpool routes north of Prescot Road with Bootle with a possibility of Speke being able to take over GL routes in Huyton and Prescot Road. GL though is a handy base/location for ANW to have and this is just an idea!
(07/07/2012 12:09)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Unless its been sold recently a possible solution for the ANW and it's Bootle depot redevelopment issues could be to relocate from Hawthorne Road acquire the waste ground and former Peoples Ford building on Linacre Road. The size of that site could be used to build a new depot large enough for ANW to merge GL's North Liverpool routes north of Prescot Road with Bootle with a possibility of Speke being able to take over GL routes in Huyton and Prescot Road. GL though is a handy base/location for ANW to have and this is just an idea!
I completely agree with that! That land has been empty for a while now. There were meant to be some development work on one side (a new church), however that was scrapped and the new church was moved elsewhere (to an existing building, as far as I know). If it's still available, it'd be a perfect opportunity for them. Everything, apart from the 6/7/8/9/10B (which could be ran out of Speke), could be ran out of a new, bigger depot there.

Anyway, some unusual allocations today, from what I seen... Cadet DK55 FXC (2518) was on the 311. On Merseyrail replacement services were DAF/ALX400s S266 JUA (4026), S270 JUA (4030), T303 FGN (4063), T304 FGN (4064) and S244 JUA (4074). Plaxton Pointer 2 X228 ANC (2228) was on the 60. Finally, I had a blast from the past this afternoon - ALX200 X263 OBN (2263) was on the 52/52A!

Another good allocation for Bootle today is 2638 on the 60, that will be fun for somebody come rush hour.
that ford site is huge i surprised arrvia haved try that already wouldn't cause any issue for driver who would move depot if went to aintree

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)