Current time: 28/03/2024, 13:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(24/06/2014 18:44)KU02 YUH Wrote:  Yesterday, I heard from a driver that the evening 52 is being taken-off soon as it's not making enough money - which, to be honest, is quite fair as it's usually quiet from what I regularly see. However, I really hope that the 52A will run every 20 minutes to compensate for that.

Looks like this amendment will be happening from Sunday 27th July.
St Helens Rider posted it in the VOSA thread 29th May (see post #1512).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4416 is on the 310/311 today
2228 & 2518 were both on 60 this afternoon on successive trips so quite unusual these days, however I did see 4208 coming down Queens Drive shortly with a fitter at the wheel so possible one of those replaced that somewhere.
4431 was on the 53 today!

Had 2224 on the 58 this afternoon. The idle vibrations were just unbearable! Certainly one that I'll be avoiding in the future if I can help it.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/07/2014 19:21)MPTE1955 Wrote:  2228 & 2518 were both on 60 this afternoon on successive trips so quite unusual these days, however I did see 4208 coming down Queens Drive shortly with a fitter at the wheel so possible one of those replaced that somewhere.

4208 was on the 61 today (at dinnertime anyway)
That 2224 was one I had on 54 a few weeks ago when itvhad gear box issues as well as vibrations. That one has gone downhill fast as a few weeks before I had it on 61 and it wasn't that bad.
(02/07/2014 20:46)Daniel Anderton Wrote:  4208 was on the 61 today (at dinnertime anyway)

It was about 5pm when I seen it on Queens Drive.
2517 failed at about 08:15 this morning in Queen Square Bus Station whilst on the 345 (board which works the evening 345 to Skelmersdale). 2265 replaced it and made it to Skelmersdale via the M58 (don't know about back, though LOL)!

Further chaos on the 345 today... The morning journey from Skelmersdale to Liverpool, oddly 4427, started about 35 minutes late. On the motorway, we passed 3016 on the hard shoulder - bonnet up with a fitter inspecting the engine and his van was parked in-front of it. Presumably, that had been the original allocation but hadn't made it to Skelmersdale. Later in the day, this board was being operated by 3022; 4427 was heading out of service on Queens Drive towards Old Swan in the afternoon. The original allocation for the evening 345 from Liverpool to Skelmersdale was 2234 but, apparently, that'd been exchanged/failed on the journey before and 3122 was its replacement.

Also, 2265 was on the 52s, 2266 was on the 53A this evening and 2519 was oddly on the 58.

The new 52/52A timetable has been published - http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02014).pdf

After taking a look at it, I'm very happy with the proposed changes. To summarise:
- the evening 52 is being taken-off, however the 52A will run every 20 minutes to compensate
- the Sunday daytime 52 will still run
- the Monday to Friday frequency is returning to every 7/8 minutes
- the timetable in general seems to be a bit more consistent compared to the current one (there are no pointless gaps in service, such as the current one from 18:55 to 19:16 out of Liverpool!)

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)