Current time: 28/03/2024, 23:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
I've been informed by a reliable source that DAF/ALX400 S268 JUA (4028) caught fire today in Queen Square Bus Station. It was on the 56 at midday because I seen it in Netherton, so I should think that it caught fire later-on in the day!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/07/2012 19:10)27701 Wrote:  I've been informed by a reliable source that DAF/ALX400 S268 JUA (4028) caught fire today in Queen Square Bus Station. It was on the 56 at midday because I seen it in Netherton, so I should think that it caught fire later-on in the day!

Nothing on the MFRS incidents http://www.merseyfire.gov.uk/ so can't have been to major?.....
Find all posts by this user
Today, the 58 had two Pulsar 2s on it - MX09 LYD (2943) and MX09 LYG (2945). For completeness, ALX200 X265 OBN (2265) was the third bus on there.

Two DAF/ALX400s were out on Liverpool services - T303 FGN (4063) was on the 54 and S275 JUA (4095) was on the 53A.

Another Marshall was out on the 52/52A - V646 DVU (7646) - an improvement from yesterday's allocation!

Finally, Cadets DK55 FXD (2519) and CX07 CSO (2638) were out on the 311 this afternoon.

Two Plaxton Pointer 2s are out on the 52/52A today - X232 ANC (2232) and T322 PNB (2322). Also, DAF/ALX400 T298 FGN (4058) is out on the 53A and Enviro400 MX09 LXE (4423) is out on the 54. I wonder if these constant, strange allocations are a result of the poor space in the depot (correct buses not being able to get out when they're needed)...?

Interestingly, the carpark in the main depot is now being used by buses; the outside yard of the ex-Liverline facility is the new carpark! The inside yard of Liverline seems to have a Cadet in there - possibly DK55 FXB (2517), as the other three have been accounted for recently - which appears to have some missing panels towards its' back-end.

I imagine that some of the strange allocations are due to the 68 moving to Green Lane as surely this has freed up a spare decker or two?

(04/07/2012 21:10)anw2015 Wrote:  I imagine that some of the strange allocations are due to the 68 moving to Green Lane as surely this has freed up a spare decker or two?
Maybe so! I have no problem with them being allocated to the 53A and 54 - those services get good loads. The two Darts on the 52/52A would be better suited on those services, though, and the 'deckers would be better on the 52/52A. 2232 left Netherton fully-loaded and 2322 was nearly full when it was heading to Liverpool...

2322 is better suited to Barnsley in all fairness. Absolute shed! lol

Not sure if it's unusual, but 7569 was out on the 56 today. Never seen it in Liverpool before, but probably just wrong time wrong place, and as said above the fact that the 68 has now moved to GL means allocations may differ slightly to before!
(04/07/2012 21:27)anw2015 Wrote:  2322 is better suited to Barnsley in all fairness. Absolute shed! lol
Oh, I know! That bus has been bad for about five years now! As you said, it's ready for Barnsley!
(04/07/2012 21:31)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Not sure if it's unusual, but 7569 was out on the 56 today. Never seen it in Liverpool before, but probably just wrong time wrong place, and as said above the fact that the 68 has now moved to GL means allocations may differ slightly to before!
Yeah - it's quite unusual for it to get onto the 56. It's usually on the 58 or the 59/61 (and it used to be a regular on the 68, however not anymore, for obvious reasons!). As you've suggested, though, allocations are a bit of a mess at the moment - probably down to the availability of buses whilst they're parked tightly in the depot of a night.

couldn't they just extend the land behind the wall that would give then the space they need as staff car park is there further along

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)