Current time: 16/04/2024, 15:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
I haven't seen 2945 for a few weeks. Wonder if it's having work done to it, unless it's just avoiding me...!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/05/2014 19:28)KU02 YUH Wrote:  I haven't seen 2945 for a few weeks. Wonder if it's having work done to it, unless it's just avoiding me...!
I've seen a photo of it on the 311 Saturday just gone, so it's in service as usual.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
(26/05/2014 19:38)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I've seen a photo of it on the 311 Saturday just gone, so it's in service as usual.
Ah - thanks for that!

Went for possibly my last ride on an ex-MTL bus that's still in service with Arriva Merseyside.

7674 (V674 DVU) DartSLF/Marshall was on route 52 last week.
Decent-looking interior with full Polish & Promote (blue moquette, Interurban, orange LEDs) with no evidence of the engine fire it had two years' ago.
It's a bit of a shock to realise how narrow these old Darts are compared to newer stuff, and consequently the ride is more 'knobbly' and less stable.
The old bench seats are a bit of a pain too, put your mobile on the cushions and it slips thru' the gap, crashing to the floor behind you (Esteban Civics don't have this problem as their seatbacks are sealed without gapping).

Usual rubbish Marshall grey bell modules on the handrails have been replaced by five yellow ones that actually work (grey Marshall bell modules always fail for some reason) and 7674 has the usual rattles you'd expect from a 14-year old bus, although it rattles a lot less than some Marshalls (7662 for example).

Engine is very noisy compared to more modern buses, and the dry throaty roar of that Cummins B-series sounds like a cross between a vacuum cleaner and a mini-chainsaw!

Overall impression is that this is a cheaply-made bus, but it has good visibilty for the driver (deep windscreen) and its low kerbweight of 7.2 tonnes (7190kg to be exact) means it'll be more 'chuckable' than a nine-tonne Pulsar.

I suppose it could be painted orange (Yorkshire Tiger 554 maybe??) but I reckon after next Sunday it may be withdrawn completely.

Yep, NEXT SUNDAY (tax is about to run out)....

DVLA Vehicle Enquiry;
7674 (V674 DVU) NEW 12-01-2000, TAX 01-06-2014, DIESEL, BLUE, £330 PER YEAR.

Get your last ride while there's still time, and say farewell to MTLSad
Have a feeling this will be off to yorkshire tiger, complete withdrawal makes the work to get it back a bit of a waste of time, on the other hand it may just be re-taxed and continue in service here. On another matter, I had 2224 on 54 earlier, this bus has issues with its gears, holding on forever between 2 & 3 and making a horrible noise. Note sure whats happened to that bus as had it on 61 a couple of weeks ago and thought well yes it needs p&p but overall not that rattly and not that bad, and then there was today and I thought this is awful and a complete shed. One to avoid at the moment and I will certainly give it a miss if I see it out tomorrow and I have an alternative bus to get.
4427 was on the 54 this evening!

Green Lane's 2411 was parked in Bootle Depot at about 15:15 today. It was displaying a not in service destination but had 68 on its number blind so I presume that it'd developed a fault at the Bootle end of the 68 and was taken to Bootle to be repaired.

2235 was on the 52/52A today, whilst 3116 was on the 58!

I had 2235 on 61 yesterday, that really is not a bad bus.
Somewhat unusually 2945 is on the 58 today

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)