Current time: 18/04/2024, 15:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
2660 was replaced by 2264 during the day on the 310/311!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Had 4214 on 61 earlier, not a bad bus and quite quick but very screechy brakes which has been the case with all VLW's I have ridden so far. Some people seemed to think that it was a new bus as I heard some people commenting. These are certainly a whole lot better than the DLA's ever were.
A bit off top topic but along Long Lane, ex Merseypride B183 BLG was parked up in small yard next to the tyre fitters that used to be Howard Basfords. Also further down in the storage place that used to be the dairy was a few coaches which I have seen there before but also in the middle of them was an ex-impera dart, couldn't see which one though.
Find all posts by this user
4097 was on the 61 today although it was only brought out at around 1515
Seems to be commonly on 61 these days that one.
7674 was also on the 61 this morning
I had 2923 on my 310 from Skelmersdale to Old Roan today. I noticed that this bus is (yet again) "slow", however it definitely seemed to be performing a lot more sluggish than a typical "slow" Pulsar! It sounded quiet and odd at high revs with a faint (but strong at times) burning smell throughout. Another regular "slow" Pulsar is 3016, which is now sluggish again after a brief period of running "fine"! Examples such as 2918 and 3028 have been running "slow" for more than two years!

On another note, has anybody seen 2234 out recently? I haven't seen it in service for a good part of the last year (since Pulsars became regulars on the 311)! It was noted at St Helens a few months ago appearing to have been repainted, but it doesn't seem to have made it back to Bootle (unless it's just avoided me!).

i haven't seen it but I heard somewhere it was staying at St Helens, don't know how true it is but I'm sure that it was mentioned on here. However it is still showing at being at Bootle on the recently updated fleet lists isn't it.
(12/03/2014 22:44)MPTE1955 Wrote:  i haven't seen it but I heard somewhere it was staying at St Helens, don't know how TRUE it is but I'm sure that it was mentioned on here.
I could swear that I seen it on the 312 last year (due to the bus looking freshly-repainted and fitting-in with a relevant post about it having been repainted at around the same time), however there's been nothing else noted about it at all (unless I've missed something)!

I can't recall having noted it operating in St Helens but then haven't been especially looking for it either. If it does pop up, I'll leave a post to confirm its allocation.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(12/03/2014 22:38)KU02 YUH Wrote:  On another note, has anybody seen 2234 out recently? I haven't seen it in service for a good part of the last year (since Pulsars became regulars on the 311)! It was noted at St Helens a few months ago appearing to have been repainted, but it doesn't seem to have made it back to Bootle (unless it's just avoided me!).

According to a DVLA Vehicle Enquiry, 2234 (X234 ANC) (registered new 11-10-2000) currently has 'SORN in place'.

May return to the road, may go for scrap.....

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)