Current time: 18/04/2024, 17:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Article from Champion website about 350 and 310/311:

CHANGES to Arriva bus services will mean that the service to Ashworth Hospital will be axed.

The changes which will come into force from Sunday 16 February 2014 include Service 350, from Liverpool to Maghull being cut.

Although this will be partly replaced by service 310, it means that Ashworth Hospital will no longer be served.

And there have been changed made to Service 311, which runs from Liverpool to Skelmersdale via Maghull & Ormskirk.

One journey per hour will be re-numbered 310, in Maghull the service will operate via Eastway, Dodds Lane and Kenyons Lane (replacing service 350) then to Ormskirk via Holborn Hill and continue to Skelmersdale.

Journeys on service 311 will operate in Maghull via Southport Road to Lydiate then Moss Lane and to Ormskirk via Town Green and continue to Skelmersdale.

Both services will be revised to depart from Queen Square in Liverpool and will no longer call into the ASDA in Skelmersdale.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4412 broken down on Queens drive at lunchtime, this was also being towed by RNW last week from Aigburth so appears to have a persistent problem
2942 now sports a new paint job, couldn't tell if full P&P as only seen the back, this is the first 09 plate I have seen in new colours.
(09/12/2013 13:25)MPTE1955 Wrote:  2942 now sports a new paint job, couldn't tell if full P&P as only seen the back, this is the first 09 plate I have seen in new colours.

Saw 2942 earlier today (think it was on the 52/52A routes).
Looks like its in full Interurban, although I'm not sure if the interior's been refurbished.

Makes me wonder if it's been involved in an accident or not?
Both 3020 (MX59 FFZ) and 3018 (MX59 FFW) were involved in accidents and were repainted in Interurban when they were repaired, although the interiors were left untouched (3020 had its door and front end smashed-up, 3018 was rammed by a CUMFY Solo).

Incidentally, 3018 now has a new rear ad for Burns Pet Food, I'm still clueless as to which CUMFY Solo rear-ended this bus.
(09/12/2013 15:33)mathias Wrote:  
(09/12/2013 13:25)MPTE1955 Wrote:  2942 now sports a new paint job, couldn't tell if full P&P as only seen the back, this is the first 09 plate I have seen in new colours.

Looks like its in full Interurban, although I'm not sure if the interior's been refurbished.

Makes me wonder if it's been involved in an accident or not?
Both 3020 (MX59 FFZ) and 3018 (MX59 FFW) were involved in accidents and were repainted in Interurban when they were repaired, although the interiors were left untouched (3020 had its door and front end smashed-up, 3018 was rammed by a CUMFY Solo).

Incidentally, 3018 now has a new rear ad for Burns Pet Food, I'm still clueless as to which CUMFY Solo rear-ended this bus.

Knew it was in new colours, just couldn't see the inside.
(09/12/2013 15:33)mathias Wrote:  
I seen that this morning on the first 52A from Netherton - it sports a refurbished interior and, from what I seen of it, it looks smart! The only thing that I don't like is the repaint itself, which is one like 3018 and the ex-Skelmersdale-based Pulsar 2s.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
On 2910 on the 311, which seems to be having occasional gear trouble when stopping!

(28/11/2013 21:28)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The only Marshall I have seen all week is 7659, any others probably just haven't been around places I have been at the same time. Can't say I am sorry to see the back of 7662 & 7663. Anybody know how bad 2265 was damaged the other week and will it be coming back. Thanks.

2265 (X265 OBN) DartSLF/ALX200 is back on the road today on routes 52/52A after last month's accident at the Southport Road roundabout 7th November (see Vbg111v post page 89).

New rear bonnet and new rear panelling fitted along with new kerbside rear quarter panelling (with mismatching paint) suggesting the bus was hit side on.
Nice to see this 13-year old Dart is still going (if you like that sort of thing)Wink
(11/12/2013 14:17)mathias Wrote:  
(28/11/2013 21:28)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The only Marshall I have seen all week is 7659, any others probably just haven't been around places I have been at the same time. Can't say I am sorry to see the back of 7662 & 7663. Anybody know how bad 2265 was damaged the other week and will it be coming back. Thanks.

2265 (X265 OBN) DartSLF/ALX200 is back on the road today on routes 52/52A after last month's accident at the Southport Road roundabout 7th November (see Vbg111v post page 89).

New rear bonnet and new rear panelling fitted along with new kerbside rear quarter panelling (with mismatching paint) suggesting the bus was hit side on.
Nice to see this 13-year old Dart is still going (if you like that sort of thing)Wink

Thank Mathias, personally I don't like these darts although it is more to do with the lack of legroom in the seating more than anything else. The seats are just all wrong for a bus of that size with legroom in the back two rows pretty appalling.
(11/12/2013 08:03)KU02 YUH Wrote:  On 2910 on the 311, which seems to be having occasional gear trouble when stopping!
The other ex-Wrexham-based Pulsar, 2911, is also not 100% well at the moment - it seems to have a bad "turbo leak" as it squeals badly when revving high! The majority of Bootle's Pulsars that I've had recently have had issues, which is a shame.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)