Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Which routes do the Marshall darts work please
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/06/2013 16:56)dave4jackie Wrote:  Which routes do the Marshall darts work please

Pretty much the same as the pointers really
(10/06/2013 16:54)MPTE1955 Wrote:  To be fair, after Bootle getting rid of the T-PNB darts I wouldnt have thought that they would have wanted one back.

yeah that is a fair point which I can understand but it would of been better to get a replacement in my opinion.

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
(10/06/2013 17:39)Ultralow Wrote:  
(10/06/2013 16:54)MPTE1955 Wrote:  To be fair, after Bootle getting rid of the T-PNB darts I wouldnt have thought that they would have wanted one back.

yeah that is a fair point which I can understand but it would of been better to get a replacement in my opinion.

Remember at a similar time, Bootle lost the 68 to Green Lane due to garage space, so it is possible that they let one less X-ANC dart go than originally planned, that in itself would have been a replacement.
That's two new Pulsar 2s which I absolutely can't stand now - 3116 and now 3109 (the latter also features a damn "shelf rattle"). For some reason, something (suspension, maybe?) underneath those back seats bangs away strongly. It's absolutely pathetic for buses of one year old. I'd expect something like that on an older bus, but not on 12-plated buses. Having 3109 on my 311 from Skelmersdale to Old Roan today was absolute hell and I got off of it at the first available opportunity.

Another one which I dislike when the weather is cold is 3122, which has no working heaters in the saloon (unless the thermostat has been switched-off). 3108 and 3114 are also not great as they rattle too much - 3114's doors were even bouncing off of their hinges when it was in its first week on the road!

Whilst there are some exceptional new Pulsar 2s in the 3107-3122 batch, there are some which are bad now and, without care, will probably be wrecked and unbearable by an older age.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/06/2013 16:19)Ultralow Wrote:  If its fire wasn't that bad, why has it taken about a year for it to be repaired?

For all I know Bootle could of been making a decision weather to withdraw it or not so that could of been a reason or they may of been thinking of a replacement e.g. PNB dart from Speke like 2321 or 2324 as I think they were unallocated around that time.
2424 was off the road for a year due to an engine fire in 2010. it re-entered service again in old livery, with a new engine, and new rear 2011. for it to be in service 2 weeks, and then it was off the road again for more than half a year.

It's fire was not too bad and was isolated to the engine area, requiring mainly just a new engine, it was still off the road for about a year, and has the same cummins engine as a Dennis Dart.

It was not replaced by another during it's time off the road.
(10/06/2013 18:44)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(10/06/2013 16:19)Ultralow Wrote:  If its fire wasn't that bad, why has it taken about a year for it to be repaired?

For all I know Bootle could of been making a decision weather to withdraw it or not so that could of been a reason or they may of been thinking of a replacement e.g. PNB dart from Speke like 2321 or 2324 as I think they were unallocated around that time.
2424 was off the road for a year due to an engine fire in 2010. it re-entered service again in old livery, with a new engine, and new rear 2011. for it to be in service 2 weeks, and then it was off the road again for more than half a year.

It's fire was not too bad and was isolated to the engine area, requiring mainly just a new engine, it was still off the road for about a year, and has the same cummins engine as a Dennis Dart.

It was not replaced by another during it's time off the road.

may i ask why its took arriva a year to find a new engine?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Bootle Based M113YKC 8207 Training vehicle made a nice appearance in Wrexham today, showing off how good it looks in the Arriva Training bus livery

Photo Here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...otostream/

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
7674 is back in service and is on the 56 today
(14/06/2013 08:59)N304CLV Wrote:  7674 is back in service and is on the 56 today
Thanks for this information - I'm certainly surprised that it was repaired! I may go out to see if it lasted all day.

In other news, I had Pulsar 2 3117 on my 311 this afternoon (and this morning). The lock on the top of the cab door decided to break mid-journey in Old Town, consequently locking the driver in the cab! The lock was eventually broken in Ormskirk Bus Station with a screwdriver. Then, at 60-MPH on the A59, an alarm was beeping on and off (perhaps related with the doors as they didn't appear to be closed securely). I was thinking at the time that it could have been a dangerous situation as the brakes may have been deployed (these Pulsars refuse to move when the doors are open)... Undecided

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)