Current time: 18/04/2024, 19:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(22/12/2012 16:11)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(22/12/2012 15:33)mathias Wrote:  As far as I'm aware, Bootle are getting Trident/Enviro400 deckers from the wirral come January.
Remember, LS are due their hybrids soon.
Bootle's the latest, intended destination of the Enviro400s not destined for Wrexham then. Given that that's just one of a number of destinations, amongst Speke and Rhyl, that have been bandied around, I'll reserve judgement for the moment!

I'd wait and see with these personally, lets not forget they've been rumoured to be going to four depots first Green Lane, then Speke, then Rhyl and now Bootle. I think there's only one way we can find out and just wait, but I'm not even sure Arriva management know where they're going!

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This is getting kind of pathetic with several different people giving destinations for the Birkenhead enviro 400's, what is obvious that nobody really knows where they will all end up. Once again we should all wait and see until somebody gets some real truthful facts....
We know for sure that there will be an allocation of them for Wrexham as shown by the examples currently undergoing work in St Helens, it's the rest that the destination keeps changing for. I don't think that it's a case of people being untruthful I'm what they're saying though, I think it's more a case of the plan regularly changing within Arriva itself so different people are hearing different versions. Regardless, as you say, it's best to wait and see.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(23/12/2012 13:51)K101HUM Wrote:  We know there will be an allocation of 10 for Wrexham for the newly branded Platinum service, leaving 13 to be allocated. I would imagine the company has explored every possible avenue for the remaining 13, which is why so many rumours have transpired. Bootle is a new one for sure, but I'd say it's sensible to keep the majority of the allocation together along with Bootle native, newer Enviro400's?

It's likely to be one of four depots, in Speke, Green Lane, Bootle or Rhyl. Which ever depot (perhaps the exception of Bootle with the DLA's) is likely to relinquish fairly modern single deck vehicles to cascade to other depots. Green Lane however, could see of a number of Dart's to the disposal pool should they be allocated here. Green Lane, in my opinion, should be the depot who can fully utilise these buses on the disposal12/13's, perhaps combined with a lower PVR on the route enabling to free up vital room in a now overcrowded depot with very little available space. Plus, match days could see a useful allocation of deckers on the belt.
11 to be allocated 4400 4401 are staying at LS

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(23/12/2012 13:51)K101HUM Wrote:  Green Lane however, could see of a number of Dart's to the disposal pool should they be allocated here. Green Lane, in my opinion, should be the depot who can fully utilise these buses on the disposal12/13's, perhaps combined with a lower PVR on the route enabling to free up vital room in a now overcrowded depot with very little available space. Plus, match days could see a useful allocation of deckers on the belt.

Finally, someone who agrees with me! Those of you who know me well know I've had many a rant over deckers on the 12/13, and how Dart's are simply inadequate on most journeys on the 12/13 (not every journey is packed to the rafters, but I highly doubt every journey on the 79/82/86 are either...) Green Lane have needed deckers for too long, and I think the most stupid thing I've ever seen was Green Lane's allocation of Palatine IIs being transferred out in 2004/5. I'm led to believe Arriva are having tons of complaints about passengers being left behind on the 12/13? I witnessed packed Pulsars on there yesterday before they even reached West Derby! However, I still highly doubt GL will get them despite there being a good case for them.

Sorry for going off topic.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
They will go to the depot that puts the best buisness case forward,bit like a tendering process.
Rainbow RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Sorry, my posting about the enviros should have said real facts rather than truthful as I didn't mean it to sound like I was insinuating anybody was lying. Also I should also have said apart from the ones confirmed to be staying at Laird Street or going to Wrexham so I apologise for the incorrect wording of my post.
The Alxander400's S-JUAs will also be leaving LS too. That's another 8 deckers plus 21 (10 Wrexham) Enviro400.
The decker situation for GL is a strange one as people are always changing their minds about what is and isnt needed.
Low floor deckers are becoming very scarce in the North West and they are struggling to get enough to go around, and thats from the horses mouth. Id say until at least all step deckers have left the fleet, its unlikely GL will get any IMO.
However single deck vehicles will become available for reallocation from Runcorn and Bolton very soon with the delivery of new vehicles. Any DLAs will be used to replace Olympians while single deckers will replace single deckers like for like.

RIP 96 - YNWA
lol green lane can have the dafs as the darts are going st helens with the 360 :P

going on more about deckers i think they should keep them going beyond 15 years if they short of deckers, age should not be a factor on a bus getting withdrawn it should ne the condition of the bus

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)