Current time: 18/04/2024, 01:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(30/11/2012 17:20)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Seen what looked like a newer pulsar 2 on the 60 this afternoon, couldnt quite I.d as was driving, if it wasnt that it was the pulsar 2 that recently returned after its accident with cumfybus. Very Very rare to see a pulsar on this service during a weekday daytime.
Also, Pulsar 2 MX12 KWK (3117) was unusually on the 350 this evening!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
3121 on the 60 today , starting to See these 12 plates appear a lot more regularly on the 60 Sunday service

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
DAF/ALX400 S269 JUA (4029) was unusually on the 52/52A this afternoon.

Pulsar 2 MX59 FFZ (3020) has been troublesome since it re-entered service after its accident. I had it on (possibly) its first day in service, on the 52, and it performed well (apart from it looking bad and its screeching doors), but I had it on the 54 a few days ago and it was sluggish off the line and it didn't sound normal. It was towed into Bootle depot today; the engineering manager was driving it on a test run this afternoon, though.

I had terrible Marshall V675 DVU (7675) yesterday afternoon on my 311 from Skelmersdale to Aintree. It was very slow off the line - maximum of about 20-MPH up every incline. It had poor suspension (a problem with most Marshalls), which resulted in many rattles on-board. Heaters on-board weren't functioning properly, either, which wasn't great in addition with the arctic weather-conditions...! Significant or not, 7675 isn't a passenger-friendly, roadworthy bus (what a shame!), although the driver did say, "it's not the bus' fault; it's the people who look after it"...

(07/12/2012 12:12)3111 Wrote:  I had terrible Marshall V675 DVU (7675) yesterday afternoon on my 311 from Skelmersdale to Aintree. It was very slow off the line - maximum of about 20-MPH up every incline. It had poor suspension (a problem with most Marshalls), which resulted in many rattles on-board. Heaters on-board weren't functioning properly, either, which wasn't great in addition with the arctic weather-conditions...! Significant or not, 7675 isn't a passenger-friendly, roadworthy bus (what a shame!), although the driver did say, "it's not the bus' fault; it's the people who look after it"...

Marshall-bodied Darts have a large glass area, and this means any interior heat rapidly dissipates through the glass. This is another reason why I don't like them.

The best Darts for interior heating were the East Lancs step-Darts at Bootle 1217 (M217 AKB) to 1264 (N264 CKA).
Say what you like about their dodgy, ugly bodies, their small windows kept the heat trapped in. I admired them for this reason (although not much else)Wink
(07/12/2012 16:08)mathias Wrote:  
(07/12/2012 12:12)3111 Wrote:  I had terrible Marshall V675 DVU (7675) yesterday afternoon on my 311 from Skelmersdale to Aintree. It was very slow off the line - maximum of about 20-MPH up every incline. It had poor suspension (a problem with most Marshalls), which resulted in many rattles on-board. Heaters on-board weren't functioning properly, either, which wasn't great in addition with the arctic weather-conditions...! Significant or not, 7675 isn't a passenger-friendly, roadworthy bus (what a shame!), although the driver did say, "it's not the bus' fault; it's the people who look after it"...
Marshall-bodied Darts have a large glass area, and this means any interior heat rapidly dissipates through the glass. This is another reason why I don't like them.
I'm sure that I won't be the only one who'll be celebrating when they're withdrawn...! Laugh

To be honest, I would say that overall the Bootle marshalls are in worse condition than other depots marshalls, although there is some dire ones at all the depots than have them.
Plaxton Pointer 2 X228 ANC (2228) was on the 52/52A this afternoon. Enviro400 MX09 LXN (4431) was also on those services - thankfully, on the board behind it!

Enviro 4432 on the 58 today
ALX200 X266 OBN (2266) unusually started its day on the 52/52A this morning! Marshall V649 DVU (7649) has also been on unusual work - the 53/53A all day - along with Enviro400 MX09 LXS (4434).

Meanwhile, DAF/ALX400 S244 JUA (4074) was awaiting attention with its bonnet up on the Gorsey Lane/Fleetwoods Lane junction in Netherton this morning (it was on the 56); it caused a massive delay! Nevertheless, it was back out this evening - unusually on the 52/52A.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)