Current time: 29/03/2024, 15:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(06/11/2012 15:29)MX12CFE Wrote:  While browsing the fleetlist found out that marshall 7674 is NFS with fire damage anyone know when and where this happened? Presume its now at st helens for repair?
It caught fire in Ormskirk whilst on the 311 a while ago. As far as I know, it's still in Bootle (the pit that's closest to the building entrance/exit). Apparently, it's finished - whole back-end would need replacing if it was to go back onto the road. I can't see it being repaired, but only time will tell... It'd make sense to me if it's been cannibalised and was replaced by one of the new Pulsar 2s in August/September.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With Marshalls beginning to be withdrawn I would be very surprised if Arriva fixed 7674, stranger things have happen remember 6574. But in this case no.
Find all posts by this user
(06/11/2012 15:40)3111 Wrote:  
(06/11/2012 15:29)MX12CFE Wrote:  While browsing the fleetlist found out that marshall 7674 is NFS with fire damage anyone know when and where this happened? Presume its now at st helens for repair?
It caught fire in Ormskirk whilst on the 311 a while ago. As far as I know, it's still in Bootle (the pit that's closest to the building entrance/exit). Apparently, it's finished - whole back-end would need replacing if it was to go back onto the road. I can't see it being repaired, but only time will tell... It'd make sense to me if it's been cannibalised and was replaced by one of the new Pulsar 2s in August/September.

Thanks for that MPTE did hear about a 311 catching fire in ormskirk but didnt know what bus it was at the time i thought it could have been a plaxton pointer at first.
Plaxton Pointer 2 X235 ANC (2235) was on the 311 this morning, however it was on the 56A this evening! DAF/ALX400 S259 JUA (4089) was on the 311 this afternoon, so I presume that that replaced 2235 during the day.

ALX200 X264 OBN (2264) was unusually on the 53A this evening, along with an Enviro400.

Also, a Cadet - either DK55 FXC (2518) or DK55 FXD (2519) - was on the 350. Either 2518 or 2519 was on the 345, whilst CX07 CSO (2638) was on the 54. I had DK55 FXB (2517) on my 311 this afternoon and the ride-quality was shocking in some places - whilst the back of the bus was bouncing a lot (poor suspension?), it felt like the whole bus was being threw across the road at times! I had Pulsar 2 MX12 KWM (3119) on my 311 this morning and this bus seems to go off the line in a similar style to a typical 10-plated example - not like its sister-buses. No Marshalls were on the 311 today - must be the first time that this has happened since the service was transferred to Bootle depot...?

Pulsar CX58 FZC (2922) performed poorly on my 311 journey this morning. It cut-out several times between Old Roan and Ormskirk; it seemed to be having acceleration/gearbox problems because it was very slow (and it was a "slow" example...!) and jerky. The driver called it a day in Ormskirk Bus Station and connected us, his passengers, onto a Skelmersdale-bound 395. Nevertheless, it was out again on the 345 this evening - albeit NOT on the Skelmersdale board!

Also, DAF/ALX400 S260 JUA (4090) and Pulsar 2 MX59 FFV (3017) were stupidly on the 350 this evening...

Came quite a surprise to me when I caught 3118 on the 311 yesterday evening , I think some of the new Pulsars suit a route like that as much as they purposely aren't for the 311

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
There was an enviro out on the 62 today, the only one of its type that I saw out.
The 60/61 was totally pulsar operated
4064 was broken down in West Derby Village earlier on 61 Bootle bound, fitter just turned up when I passed on 4429 going the other way.
Went for a ride on 3020 (MX59 FFZ) recently, noticed a few changes (to driver)...

Hey mate, is this that bus that was involved in that accident?

"Which bus?"

This bus! It was involved in an accident wasn't it?

"Was it?"

Yeah, all its door was smashed in, and look! It's got a new floor and ramp and new panelling. And its in the new livery as well!

"Is it?"

Yeah, I saw a photo of it on the internet (motormayhem) at that St Helens bodyshop, its obviously been repaired hasn't it?

"Dunno mate, has it?"

God! Why do I bother?LOL

Anyway, here's a photo.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...191073899/
(Photo Credit; Michael Mills)
Some drivers are just interested in picking up there pay packet at the end of the week , you get people like that in all jobs .

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)