Current time: 20/04/2024, 09:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Could some Marshalls possibly make their way to Wales to replace other buses such as 10.7m T-JJCs and R-COOs?
As a side note, I agree a lot of Marshalls are very bad, isn't it shocking to think V-DJC Pointer Darts are on the same reg and are pretty much the same age. The interior is much brighter and they ride a lot better as well!
However there is the odd good Marshall out there, they are just hidden in a sea of other ones that are crap!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/09/2012 19:22)anw2015 Wrote:  Nice to see the 53 getting buses deserved of a QBP! I was thinking this before but with the mylleniums/ alx 300's rumoured to go from Birkenhead when they get there new pulsars, surely a few of these buses would be ideal for the 311? I cant imagine the reliability rate of the darts is that good on such a long route! Especially 12 year old plus darts!
I hope not! I've rode on many of those buses and, in most cases, their ride-quality has been absolutely horrific - far worse than most Darts that I've rode on! Whether they'd be more reliable or not is something which I don't know and could only probably be answered after they've been on there for a while because buses seem to change when they're moved onto different services.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
i glad to see 53 getting new buses it about time last few weeks we had all different buses from bootle depot hopefully these marshalls are gone from bootle completely all of them are sheds
The 53/53A should be a decent route to ride soon assuming Bootle get enough new Pulsars for the route and of course Stagecoaches Enviro300's will be back in service shortly. So no matter what you get a new or nearly new bus.
(12/09/2012 19:26)27701 Wrote:  
(12/09/2012 19:22)anw2015 Wrote:  Nice to see the 53 getting buses deserved of a QBP! I was thinking this before but with the mylleniums/ alx 300's rumoured to go from Birkenhead when they get there new pulsars, surely a few of these buses would be ideal for the 311? I cant imagine the reliability rate of the darts is that good on such a long route! Especially 12 year old plus darts!
I hope not! I've rode on many of those buses and, in most cases, their ride-quality has been absolutely horrific - far worse than most Darts that I've rode on! Whether they'd be more reliable or not is something which I don't know and could only probably be answered after they've been on there for a while because buses seem to change when they're moved onto different services.

fair enough, i've only rode the recently p and p'd mylleniums and alx 300's at speke, green lane and bolton and on average are pretty decent- certainly better than a dart!

how many new pulsars are here is it just 3107 and 3108
(13/09/2012 08:43)P450 SWX Wrote:  how many new pulsars are here is it just 3107 and 3108

They are the only two noted so far, I'm sure sightings of any others will be reported.
Interurbanised 3108 (MX12 KWW) SB200/Pulsar2 on 54-THORNTON today.

Five bright orange marker lights along the skirting, low-set rear number plate, 8885kg Unladen Weight marking, yellow cash tray but NO LEATHER SEATS! Boo Hoo!Sad
Vodafone Freebees-bodywrapped 4423 (MX09 LXE) Trident2/Enviro400 decker on 311-SKELMERSDALE route today.

Strange allocations...
(13/09/2012 14:59)mathias Wrote:  Vodafone Freebees-bodywrapped 4423 (MX09 LXE) Trident2/Enviro400 decker on 311-SKELMERSDALE route today.
...and I still get sheds like Plaxton Pointer 2 X233 ANC (2233) in the morning! The brakes on it were absolutely horrible - unbearable, at times! Also, there was a lot of banging and clanging underneath the bus and it was quite sluggish - especially up hills, where it managed to drop-down from gear four to gear two! - but its ride-quality was fine (few rattles and my seat was comfortable).

Plaxton Pointer 2s T315 PNB (2315), T821 PNB (2321), T322 PNB (2322), T323 PNB (2323) and T324 PNB (2324) were all still out in service today - 2315 was on the 53A, 2321 was on the 53, 2322 was on the 345, 2323 was on the 53A and 2324 was on the 311. Also, ALX200 X263 OBN (2263) was on the 58 with sister-bus X265 OBN (2265).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)