Current time: 16/04/2024, 20:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Just passing here, a VLW is parked up in the yard, couldn't see which one though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/06/2018 16:18)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Just passing here, a VLW is parked up in the yard, couldn't see which one though.
It's 4212, which is based here for rails.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/06/2018 23:12)M113 YKC Wrote:  It's 4212, which is based here for rails.

Thanks
There's a few route changes taking place in July and September but I can't remember what's happening when.
Main change is the 52s are being reduced for the summer but in September they'll revert back to its current frequency.
Our 09 plate Pulsars will soon be replaced by 15 plate Enviro400s to provide additional capacity on the 52s (the current 15 plates mainly go on the 60/61 now). Not sure when that'll happen though (either July or September).

(22/06/2018 19:19)M113 YKC Wrote:  There's a few route changes taking place in July and September but I can't remember what's happening when.
Main change is the 52s are being reduced for the summer but in September they'll revert back to its current frequency.
Our 09 plate Pulsars will soon be replaced by 15 plate Enviro400s to provide additional capacity on the 52s (the current 15 plates mainly go on the 60/61 now). Not sure when that'll happen though (either July or September).

Not before time. The 15-plate Enviro400's are now rarely seen on the routes for which they were bought (52/52A) and at certain times of the day the Pulsars cannot cope. If the frequency of the 52/52A is to be reduced for the summer, it would make sense for the additional Enviro400's to be transferred in sooner rather than later.
Kind of begs the question of who us losing some of their 15 plate pulsars, presumably they are coming from the North west so the depot that loses them will also need replacements for them.
(22/06/2018 19:45)Barney Wrote:  Not before time. The 15-plate Enviro400's are now rarely seen on the routes for which they were bought (52/52A) and at certain times of the day the Pulsars cannot cope. If the frequency of the 52/52A is to be reduced for the summer, it would make sense for the additional Enviro400's to be transferred in sooner rather than later.

Could say the same about the 55, didn’t see one of 4693 - 4697 on there yesterday, noted Pulsars.
The deckers are going here instead of Southport for the 47
4693-4697 seem to spend most of their time on 62's now. As for the deckers, so those are coming from Speke, 09 pulsars off to Wales perhaps and Southport stays as it is I guess. Pulsars no competition for the Mmcs on the X2, unless there is something else planned for Southport in this bus merry-go round.
(22/06/2018 20:34)MPTE1955 Wrote:  4693-4697 seem to spend most of their time on 62's now.
They're mainly put on the 62 now Mon-Fri as they struggle to keep to time on the 55 (consequently causing a lot of lateness/lost mileage/loss of revenue), whereas the 62 gets plenty of recovery time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)