Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
2708 will stay in service somewhere as pool buses are going to be used to cover the phase 3 track replacement on the Wirral line.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/05/2017 11:44)mathias Wrote:  I'm quite surprised that these new Enviro400MMC deckers have entered traffic so soon, as I thought drivers would have needed Type Training on them. I say this because they seem to have Stop-Start Technology on them- 4697 (YX17 NFM) certainly has SST as it stalls at traffic lights.

The Stagecoach 66/17 reg MMCs have stop start too but it only happens at when the doors are open and the parking brake is on, so they shouldn't go off at lights.

Type training probably wouldn't take too long either, the dashboard is different to the older Enviro range but once you get the layout of the buttons it is like driving any other bus really.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
New 4697 was noted on the 58 this morning.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(20/05/2017 16:26)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  Usually half single/half double these days, even on Sundays!

(20/05/2017 18:10)Barney Wrote:  The 55 ahead of it was a single-decker and left Sir Thomas Street with a standing load. Oddly the last 58A at 23.37 was an E 400.

From what you both say, vehicles do get mixed between routes quite a bit. I am due to ride route 54 between Liverpool and Bootle next time. I am not sure it can accommodate double-decks but an Enviro 400-MMC would be great there!
(27/05/2017 20:38)childwallblues Wrote:  New 4697 was noted on the 58 this morning.
The 55 and 58 interwork on Saturdays. Some go onto late 56/58As, so they may find their way onto them too on a Saturday night.

2708 is still here but is on the pits.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/05/2017 21:22)Metroline1511 Wrote:  From what you both say, vehicles do get mixed between routes quite a bit. I am due to ride route 54 between Liverpool and Bootle next time. I am not sure it can accommodate double-decks but an Enviro 400-MMC would be great there!

Route 54 is still operated by ex Welsh Commanders 2504-13 from what I have noted.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Its 50/50 between this and the Gemini 3 on ride quality but in term of style, the MMC wins hands down.
Can anybody advise at which stop at Old Roan Station Interchange the 55 picks up from ?

No 1 outside the station
or
No 2 by Copy Lane

I assume No.3 is set down/stand

Thanks

(28/05/2017 06:37)childwallblues Wrote:  Route 54 is still operated by ex Welsh Commanders 2504-13 from what I have noted.
It's usually a mix of them and Pulsars. Deckers are quite rare on there.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/05/2017 06:37)childwallblues Wrote:  Route 54 is still operated by ex Welsh Commanders 2504-13 from what I have noted.

Yes, I think it was one of these I rode earlier this month.

(28/05/2017 11:17)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  It's usually a mix of them and Pulsars. Deckers are quite rare on there.

Yeh I was prepared that double-deckers were unlikely on route 54.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)