Current time: 16/04/2024, 23:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(01/04/2017 01:20)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  I never was good at April Fools jokes! Hammer

There was speculation last week that Avon Buses would be taking over HTL. Some hot news today is that Avon will be taking over Arriva Bootle instead!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2708 on 55 lates tonight with 2505.
2585 still here - was on the 345 today.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/04/2017 00:29)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  2708 on 55 lates tonight with 2505.
2585 still here - was on the 345 today.

These buses are certainly no longer in their first flush of youth but still have some life left in them. It wouldn't surprise me if this type continues to see service - probably on the 55 - when the five MMC's reported for the 55 arrive in a few months.
4413 on the 60 today in the new livery. Suffice to say I'm not impressed having seen the new colours in person.

Nice to see though that e-leather seats have finally started to be fitted to these buses. The ex-Birkenhead Enviro400s should have been refreshed a couple of years ago as their interior condition has been awful for a long time.
(At least) 4435, 4437 and 4437 were washed and parked up here tonight, probably for the 922 tomorrow and Saturday (as most Bootle drivers can't drive them due to not being type-trained).

(06/04/2017 19:54)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  (At least) 4435, 4437 and 4437 were washed and parked up here tonight, probably for the 922 tomorrow and Saturday (as most Bootle drivers can't drive them due to not being type-trained).

Is it a necessity for drivers to be type-trained on certain buses before being allowed to drive them? I knew about driver familiarisation but didn't think it would prevent a driver from driving a certain bus if it hadn't been completed.
(06/04/2017 23:10)Lynx Wrote:  Is it a necessity for drivers to be type-trained on certain buses before being allowed to drive them? I knew about driver familiarisation but didn't think it would prevent a driver from driving a certain bus if it hadn't been completed.

No idea what the rules are nowadays, but not knowing the type certainly wouldn't have prevented a driver from being allocated an unfamiliar bus when I was a driver - witness the time that I turned up to the layover area and couldn't find the master switch, and also couldn't radio control to ask where the master switch was, on account of not being able to find the master switch... fortunately the next incoming P&R driver was able to tell me! I also recall assisting at least two drivers who had wondered what a particular rocker switch did on Marshall Darts, only to find that it started calling out very loudly something along the lines of "VEHICLE UNDER ATTACK - CALL THE POLICE", and no-one had told them the location of the small octagonal button to turn it off LOL
(06/04/2017 23:10)Lynx Wrote:  Is it a necessity for drivers to be type-trained on certain buses before being allowed to drive them? I knew about driver familiarisation but didn't think it would prevent a driver from driving a certain bus if it hadn't been completed.
According to a manager, that's why 4435 went back when it was here a few weeks ago (with 4110/4116). Their controls are slightly different to our fleet apparently (such as how to start them). I suppose it's good practice for a driver to be familiar with what they're driving.

(06/04/2017 19:54)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  (At least) 4435, 4437 and 4437 were washed and parked up here tonight, probably for the 922 tomorrow and Saturday (as most Bootle drivers can't drive them due to not being type-trained).

4435 and another (possibly 4441) were seen in Liverpool city centre today (8 April) displaying "Aintree Race course" (but "A1" not "922")
B10 2708 was out on the 54 today!

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)