Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
I am very surprised 7674 has made a comeback, even more so after mm has reported that another marshall has been withdrawn from St Helens, with regards to the pulsar, well its a pulsar and that is really all I am going to say.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It managed to finish its day on the 56/56A. I managed to ride on it from Netherton to Liverpool on its last journey. It has an old-liveried front-end and back-end bumper. Sitting at the back, it was a bit of a bone-breaking ride as there were a lot of vibrations whilst the bus was in motion, however the bus ran very smoothly through its gears, its suspension was soft and its breaking was calm. Despite the vibrations on the back seats, it still is definitely one of the best Marshalls that I've ever been on!
Photo - http://www.ipernity.com/doc/michaelmills.1996/21413877

(Post edited by 507009.)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/06/2013 18:10)KU02 YUH Wrote:  That's two new Pulsar 2s which I absolutely can't stand now - 3116 and now 3109 (the latter also features a damn "shelf rattle"). For some reason, something (suspension, maybe?) underneath those back seats bangs away strongly. It's absolutely pathetic for buses of one year old. I'd expect something like that on an older bus, but not on 12-plated buses. Having 3109 on my 311 from Skelmersdale to Old Roan today was absolute hell and I got off of it at the first available opportunity.

Another one which I dislike when the weather is cold is 3122, which has no working heaters in the saloon (unless the thermostat has been switched-off). 3108 and 3114 are also not great as they rattle too much - 3114's doors were even bouncing off of their hinges when it was in its first week on the road!

Whilst there are some exceptional new Pulsar 2s in the 3107-3122 batch, there are some which are bad now and, without care, will probably be wrecked and unbearable by an older age.
Another one of this batch which is on my hit list is 3120, as this is also of poor quality - banging underneath the back seats like on 3109 and 3116. I'm beginning to dread seeing these new Pulsars turning-up now as it's beginning to look as if the majority are rubbish over the minority. HOWEVER, I did have exceptional 3107 a few days ago on the 52A - as this seems to have had its revs set high, it can be a flyer and it sounds lovely!

2928 is also another long-standing rubbish Pulsar. It really can sound odd at times, along with every bump being felt along the way. Also, the heat coming from the back of the bus was extortionate at times. The heat dial on the dashboard was close to the red block when I was getting off...

Talking to a friend recently & Perhaps the banging underneath the seats may have something to do with the chassis being low to the ground+lightweight , a bit like the Integral Enviro 300 batch one half the time it seems like the driveshaft is scraping the road! An to be honest the road that leads from the Uni Complex, off Kingsway Tunnel and leading into Kirkdale is the main instigator for it. You are right though for such modern vehicles rattling should be a minimum

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
7674 did the afternoon 345 trip that goes to skem, that bus is defo back on its old routes, its always nice when a bus shocks everyone on here, next 7635 will find a niew home Wink

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(18/06/2013 22:24)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Talking to a friend recently & Perhaps the banging underneath the seats may have something to do with the chassis being low to the ground+lightweight , a bit like the Integral Enviro 300 batch one half the time it seems like the driveshaft is scraping the road! An to be honest the road that leads from the Uni Complex, off Kingsway Tunnel and leading into Kirkdale is the main instigator for it. You are right though for such modern vehicles rattling should be a minimum
The problems seems to mainly be with the 12-plated examples at Bootle - apart from 3016, which wasn't too bad when I last had it a few weeks ago (also featuring an ill-sounding engine and a new cover on the back-end window has hidden the which-was-broken LED destination unit!), I've yet to discover the issue on an older Pulsar. I will definitely be "investigating" this more in the future, though!

Have Bootle now lost all of their DLA's, haven't seen one for a week or two.
Think they've still got the odd one or 2 as I saw one heading back to Depot off a School in Maghull yesterday afternoon, then I saw another one (or maybe the same one) parked up in Depot on Hawthorne Road
Pulsar 2 3022 currently sounds like 2926 did before that went missing for a few months - not good! Also, there's a lot of heavy clunking and banging from the underneath of the back... If this also goes missing for a while soon, I'll know why!

It now looks like booltes 12-plate pulsars have had arriva logos added on the front

3112 has gained a front fleet number as well it's not been put on very neatly though, just looks rushed as its all crammed together

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)