Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maghull Coaches
RE: Maghull Coaches
(18/06/2018 19:57)Quackdave Wrote:  I don't think SIG 9881, open-top DAF/President dating from summer 1999, has been mentioned before. By process of elimination I am assuming this must be the former T202 XBV, since buslistsontheweb lists the only T-registered batches as T130-139 AUA and T202-220 XBV, and DVLA still has all of these under their original registrations except T131 AUA and T202/205/206 XBV, the other three of which are already accounted for here.

Whilst I can't nail the identity of SIG9881, I can identify another new open-top tour bus, SIG9882 which I saw at Queen Square yesterday afternoon. This DAF DB250/Alexander was originally LG52DBO and was DLA324 with Arriva London.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Done a bit of research. SIG9881 confirmed as T202XBV, acquired from recently ceased Express Motors of Penygroes.
(10/07/2018 10:00)EDB325 Wrote:  Done a bit of research. SIG9881 confirmed as T202XBV, acquired from recently ceased Express Motors of Penygroes.

Excellent, thanks - I'll remove the question mark from the fleetlist :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
What's the connection between maghull coaches and the magical mystery tours?? Do maghull operate them for someone else?
(11/08/2018 15:33)Mayneway Wrote:  What's the connection between maghull coaches and the magical mystery tours?? Do maghull operate them for someone else?

I think maghull coaches operate them on behalf of the cavern club.
Maghull use to run it for themselves at one point i think.
(11/08/2018 16:09)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I think maghull coaches operate them on behalf of the cavern club.
Maghull use to run it for themselves at one point i think.

So it's maghull that own the vehicles??
I've just come across the magical mystery website and just found it odd that there's absolutely no mention of it being operated by Maghull coaches.
It use to have on the coach ( operated by maghull coaches on behalf of the cavern club).
On another note maghull coaches dont half have an odd ball fleet of single decks for school routes with scania omnicities,plaxton centros,king longs and scania esteems.
Saw a Maghull Coaches liveried Ford Transit minibus earlier. Registration was BU51 MCA
(25/11/2018 18:10)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Saw a Maghull Coaches liveried Ford Transit minibus earlier. Registration was BU51 MCA

There's a photo of this on Flickr, which was taken in June. Clearly a "cherished" registration as the vehicle looks new.
DVLA has it registered in July 2014

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)