Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maghull Coaches
RE: Maghull Coaches
(08/04/2015 06:04)MX12CFE Wrote:  Was told that Maghull have put in for the 103s in the upcoming service changes on the 19th. Dont know if theyve been successful in gaining it though i agree would be great if they had some service work.

I'm sure they'd operate it well enough, but I'm slightly surprised that, of all the routes being tendered for, they'd go for that one. After all, isn't the current work for their bus fleet largely school/college-based? In which case, you'd have thought that a Monday-Friday, peak-hours only service would be the last thing they'd want to add to their portfolio. (Unless, of course, they currently have a greater proportion of contracts for taking schoolchildren to/from swimming pools, sporting activities etc. during the day, rather than for children to commute between home and school?)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/04/2015 20:30)Quackdave Wrote:  I'm sure they'd operate it well enough, but I'm slightly surprised that, of all the routes being tendered for, they'd go for that one. After all, isn't the current work for their bus fleet largely school/college-based? In which case, you'd have thought that a Monday-Friday, peak-hours only service would be the last thing they'd want to add to their portfolio. (Unless, of course, they currently have a greater proportion of contracts for taking schoolchildren to/from swimming pools, sporting activities etc. during the day, rather than for children to commute between home and school?)
I'd think that it'd be the other way around? They mainly do Monday to Friday peak-time work (schools and other education transport like college buses) and the 103 runs on Mondays to Fridays during peak-time only. Plus, the service is practically on their doorstep. With it not being a full-time service, just like the other work that they do, I'd say that it looks the most suitable out of the selection of services (apart from the 8-- services and schools).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(08/04/2015 20:30)Quackdave Wrote:  In which case, you'd have thought that a Monday-Friday, peak-hours only service would be the last thing they'd want to add to their portfolio.

(08/04/2015 21:41)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  I'd think that it'd be the other way around? They mainly do Monday to Friday peak-time work (schools and other education transport like college buses) and the 103 runs on Mondays to Fridays during peak-time only. Plus, the service is practically on their doorstep. With it not being a full-time service, just like the other work that they do, I'd say that it looks the most suitable out of the selection of services (apart from the 8-- services and schools).

My point was meant to be that if they take on additional work at the same times as their existing work, then they'd likely need to increase their fleet of buses (as well as the number of O-licence discs) to be able to operate it; whereas if they took on (say for example) evening or weekend work, then they could potentially use some of the same buses and licences that they already have, which would otherwise be sitting idle, thereby creating efficiencies.

Obviously, that partly depends on the suitability of the same type of bus for both sets of work; but I would have thought there would be suitable work for low-floor Tridents and Spectras outside of schoolday daytimes.
Optare Spectra X985 BBV did the 827 Yesterday as well, Am thinking this is the allocated Bus to the Service while the Schools are of

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Was informed by a driver last night that Maghull have been successful in winning the contract for the 103s.
Find all posts by this user
They have the 881 as well
Find all posts by this user
Is it 100 Percent confirmed regarding the 103 and 881 or is it just what people have heard?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Credit to Merseytravel Website Maghull have the 800 and 839 Services

(09/04/2015 17:42)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Is it 100 Percent confirmed regarding the 103 and 881 or is it just what people have heard?

881, 800 and 839 are confirmed on Merseytravel's future bus service changes page. (The 103 isn't mentioned on there yet.)
I've had a go at creating a fleet list based on my own observations, online research, and notes from this forum. I've checked that each of the vehicles listed is still taxed (with one exception that I couldn't find), and most of them have been noted within the past year, but even so it probably isn't fully up-to-date, so any corrections, additions, deletions, or confirmations of original identity are welcome!

http://quack77.uk/fleetlists/maghull-coaches.php

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)