Current time: 20/04/2024, 11:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
The timetable for GHA's 45 Northwich - Warrington service is online here: http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/Timetables/045MS12A.html

It offers an hourly service, Monday-Saturday. I haven't had an opportunity to observe the current service myself but judging from some of the comments above about how busy it gets, GHA's service may well be in with a chance of success. Route appears to be more-or-less the same as the Network Warrington service, not sure if it goes via Lostock Gralam village or Antrobus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/07/2014 09:44)trawscymru27 Wrote:  The timetable for GHA's 45 Northwich - Warrington service is online here: http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/Timetables/045MS12A.html

It offers an hourly service, Monday-Saturday. I haven't had an opportunity to observe the current service myself but judging from some of the comments above about how busy it gets, GHA's service may well be in with a chance of success. Route appears to be more-or-less the same as the Network Warrington service, not sure if it goes via Lostock Gralam village or Antrobus.

Since they have timed it to leave just a few minutes before Warrington's from both ends, they may get quite a few passengers.
Both 45's will go through Lostock Gralam (as well as GHA's 289 between Northwich and Altrincham).

It will be interesting to see how Warrington replies to this.
(14/07/2014 20:14)DLG817 Wrote:  New services are being undertaken by the company.
From last week the company have won the contract for the Monday to Friday daytime 77 - Congleton to Kidsgrove service and also the evening 38 - Crewe to Macclesfield service.
On 18th August the company will be taking over from Warrington Transport the Northwich to Warrington service.
I also understand that there may be further service demands in the autumn - I expect we will see some further fleet additions soon.

Ron

The GHA web site has now been changed and states that the Northwich - Warrington service will be run as a new commercial service - my above statement that it is taking over from Warrington Transport is of course now incorrect.

Don't believe everything you read on the web !!!!

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Today GHA took delivery of a brand new -ex stock - Scania OmniCity - YR14HLU. It is B43F and currently in dealer white. PHOTO LINK

I understand that it will be painted into fleet livery and is likely to be used in the Cheshire area on new services there. However it is likely to see service initially on the Barmouth - Wrexham route. It will enable CA58GHA to visit the bodyshop to have some side panel damage repaired.

Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
Yesterday I had a new GHA addition, R219 HCD think its an ex southern bus. Got ads for hove buses on the inside. But generally very pleasant smart bus.
It's an Ex Brighton and Hove B10BLE/Wright Renown.
The 101 Shoppa Hoppa vinyls have been removed from Optare Solo M710SE - B19F - owned by Wrexham Council (fleet 629). Interestingly the Wrexham Council logo has been retained even though it has now become a regular on the Buckley Town Service. Photo here

DLG817
It would appear that long term accident victim VX51RBO is being prepared for a one way trip to the scrapyard, it has been in the workshop today being stripped of all useful parts. The engine and gearbox have been removed along with the rear axle. Its Mobitec led screens have already been fitted to DAF Cadet BA04GHA. It was always intended that it would at some point be repaired.

New Scania YR14HLU entered service today on the 13.26 X94 from Wrexham
An interesting visitor to the Macclesfield depot last week was YM52 TPX in full 'deebee' livery, that was used on the 27 Macclesfield-Knutsford service for a couple of days.
(27/07/2014 22:43)DVL418 Wrote:  An interesting visitor to the Macclesfield depot last week was YM52 TPX in full 'deebee' livery, that was used on the 27 Macclesfield-Knutsford service for a couple of days.

Is it conceivable that SK02 TYS (SB55) could have done a swap with YM52 TPX?
Seen here on the DB1 on 21/07/2014.

NB: I am not a regular visitor to Chester or other places in south Cheshire, so I may be completely on the wrong track with this!

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)